• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Post your work stations.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I know this isn't the best of pics (wasnt intended to show pc) but anyway:

330026_md.jpg

I win?

here is mine I really need to take that notice board down and put it up straight.

I have a "UK Filco Majestouch-2 Tenkeyless" keyboard on the way and am planning on replacing the track ball with something nicer when I have the funds.

any yes I was watching "how I met your mother" on my tv on the right.

Attachments

• 20120423_230731.jpg
    20120423_230731.jpg
    193.4 KB · Views: 482
my workstation at work

mountain lion dev preview 2

2.8 quad xeon (1 cpu)
3,1 mac pro
8800 gt
6 gigs FB ddr2
60 gig ocz Vertex 2
250 / 500 gig drives
Das Keyboard Mac edition
magic mouse
parallels with Win 7 enterprise x64

MacPro.jpg

Gonna be moving my desk to a different room and cleaning all of it up so hopefully I can have a pic up soon.

here is mine I really need to take that notice board down and put it up straight.

I have a "UK Filco Majestouch-2 Tenkeyless" keyboard on the way and am planning on replacing the track ball with something nicer when I have the funds.

any yes I was watching "how I met your mother" on my tv on the right.

my new keyboard just arrived, this is the first thing I have typed on it, I think its going to take me a while to get out of the habit of "bottoming out" every single key press like I have been doing since I started using a computer in 1998, but first impressions are good it feels like a decent quality product, which it should considering how much I paid for it.

I still need to do something about the track ball, I brought a trackball because a regular mouse made my elbow and shoulder ache (I broke both the joints when I was a kid), but now using a cheap track ball makes my hand ache, I cant seem to win. Any recommendations?

Attachments

• 20120425_192715.jpg
    20120425_192715.jpg
    196.2 KB · Views: 444
Then you might want to look up the definition, I'm not going to argue with you on this. Opinions are formed on facts or experiences with a product and you should convey these when talking about them. You posted no opinion and it seems like you just wanted to start an argument, that is flamebaiting. :eh?:

This isn't the time or place to discuss this. Take it to PM if you feel so strongly about it.

I like that set up a lot Leonp! so much room on the desk. I need to get myself a mount for my monitors so their off my desk.

New job, new desk. The heart-filled drawing isn't mine - it was done by the daughter of the guy that sits to my left.

Attachments

• 2012-04-28 13.48.18.jpg
    2012-04-28 13.48.18.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 403
Notice how one of the most high-powered guys in the thread who does the most work inside, and likely outside OCF has the most humble workstation. Let this be a lesson for us all...

Admittedly, I do have a bench the same size or larger than my desk, one of these (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fume_hood) fitted with one of these (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schlenk_line) in the laboratory as well ... plus I work in two of these (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glovebox, shared).

@gangaskan... its a nice case and all... whats the rest of the workstation look like?

they are pretty much standard, here is a reference picture.

macpro_03.jpg

they have not strayed away from that look for the most part, the newer models (2009+) have a removable processor tray on the whole bottom, ram slots are there as well. my model just has pull out ram slots. it really is nice to work in, however, when you have to gut it the thing is a pain :rofl:

all in all, the mac pro is a powerful workstation, even if you put Linux (osx is a UNIX variant if you did not know) or windows on it.

Back