• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

THE END,,,, Sadly!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jolly-Swagman

I,m Sorry to say that the END has come to Jolly-Swagman Folding@home for Team32, my Pension just cant afford it any-more.

It has been a great 3 yrs Folding for Team32 going from strength to strength with this almighty Team,

But,,,,

Due even more Rising Electricity Costs, Water Rates and general cost of Living, I can NO longer run my machines to Fold.
Last Elect Bill was even higher than before, and now we have to pay $1449AU to cover new Bill and balance of previous Bill.

As seen here in Last Thread http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=648974

Also the Wife hasnt been well, over the past year has just gotten worse, and the problem is that even the Doctor,s dont exactly know what the Rare Condition is or how to treat it, which is mighty frustrating for her and myself, she may also possibly have to have an operation, but she doesnt want it, as the last person we know that had this OP with same Rare Condition DIED, shortly after from complications, the OP and Rare condition, brought on.

That is just to Scary a thought at the moment.

Also with the Rising costs of everything, our daily life has become rather Dull, and Depressing, as we both have other things in life we both would like to pursue.
Even my case modding has halted as no available funds to do it and my Power Tools have finally given up the Ghost after all the work they have done.

The Wife has her Multimedia / Designing skills , and thats the only thing that keeps her mind of her illness,
I have an old hobby I would love to rekindle once I have sold off some Computer gear, have already gotten rid of some, now is time for the Rest to go too. and only keep what is essentially needed,

The last Folding that has been done was for Santa,s and Elf's Gifting , done by me
aka -
Jolly-Elf http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=659227
Giving back to the Team in the form of Christmas Folding WU Gifts, :santa2:

I was hoping to get to 16 Million Milestone but will have to suffice with my 15.9 Mil after 3 yrs

A Big Thank You to everyone that has Supported us in this Team,

As soon as I find the Box of CPU,s I stored in Garage they will go up in the Classifieds

I Will be still here on the Forums, you cant get Rid of me that easy, just wont be Folding

Sadly - THE END :salute:

Best Regards to All Team32 for the Coming Festive Season - Jolly Swagman

Wow...
I'm sorry to hear about the wife's illness Sr... I truly hope she gets better and you two can have a wonderful holiday season together... And many, many years more to come as well.

I'm quite new here and not a F@Home member yet, but I vow this to you... Come March 2011; I will be purchasing a new gaming rig and some benching HW... I was planning on going the AMD way for the GPU(s), but will bite the bullet and go back to the Green team so I can join Team32 and contribute in your name.
This site and its members have been so kind to me in the past couple of months since I joined that I feel is the least I can do.

I sincerely wish you the best of luck and hope that your wife sees her way through her illness and gets better soon.

Cheers
Sebastian

I'm sorry to hear about your pension and your wife. My thoughts and prayers are with you!

On a side note. Shoot me a PM with your key and I'll get you to 16mil.

Sorry to hear how things are going. Good thoughts headed your way. Wish I could do something to help. :salute:

I was hoping to get to 16 Million Milestone but will have to suffice with my 15.9 Mil after 3 yrs

No, it won't have to suffice. :thup:

You have to take care of #1 J-S, first things first right? I still haven't gotten over your electricity rates! :shock: I would have had to quit too in that situation. I wish you and yours the best in your endeavours.:salute:

I hope things improve for you and your wife, I know what those Rare Conditions are like (fiance has one), and it is a terrible ordeal to have to go through. You both have my best wishes.

Thanks for your contribution to FAH and Team32, it dwarfs mine to be sure.

Next time I fire up my rig, my GPU is getting switched over to JS.:D

JS, you have been a great inspiration to Team 32, and we wish you well. You know how we do things around here, though. We will see to it that you reach that goal of 16 million. You have always been a good friend to our little team, and I feel that it is the least we can do for all of your help. If you ever need anything, feel free to pop in and let us know. My PM box is always open, and if you need to, you can always shoot me an email. My address is posted in the News Team section, under the News Team Contacts thread, or I can send it to you via PM.:thup:

Do what must be done man. :salute: I wish you well and hope things get better.
Jolly, We do not require an explanation, You may come and go as you please without making any excuses. You will always have a home here amongst friends :grouphug:, come visit anytime (even if you can't fold).

oh and i'll throw out an early congratulations on hitting that big 16 million milestone... it looks like it's in the bag. ;) :attn:

Best wishes to you and your wife in this holiday season!!! Your contributions have been invaluable not only in folding but more importantly in helping those of us who needed it on forum! Good luck!

Dang!..... Tribute In progress!

looks like you will reach your goal in a matter of hours ;)

Attachments

• Boom.png
    Boom.png
    26.2 KB · Views: 242
Jolly you are selling your friends here short, if you think we care more about a teammates points then their well being. Just keep doing what you always do around here!:thup:

Forget about the WU totals... I here you say "It's the End" I think your about to die!(yikes)
We are your friends whether you ever put another point up or not...your not going anywhere.:soda:

Now go have a cold Fosters while your teammates acknowledge your contributions,...and give your wife one too!

PS. When you say you hoped to reach 16Mill? Are you being honest?
You really weren't hoping for 20?:p

22kPPD donated In Jollies Honor:beer:

Last edited:
Your wife will most definitely be in my wife & I's prayers.
Thank you for all your contributions to this team!
My first thought was to donate some GPU power to your name, but it looks like this has already been well taken care of!

George,

Take care of your wife, and the needs of you both; being on a fixed income has got to be scary, esp. in these times.

We'll make sure that there is no END to:

Code:
username=JollySwagman
team=32

-Tim

A sad day for Team 32... you've been such a great teammate and mentor. When I think of what makes T32 such a great team, your name is tops on my list friend. Folding or not you'll always be T32. :)

My best wishes to you and to the health of your wife.

This should have been suggested a long time ago... Jolly for Senior!!!

Back