• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I have a question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bigbird8960

Registered
I was haveing a gander through my BIOS and I found something that said SB to K8 speed and under the options it has a 1 with a up arrow and a 1 with a down arrow, 8 up/8down, and lastly 16 up/16down. It was set at 8up/8down, I went ahead at set it to 16up/16down. My question, would this happen to be a control for my pci slots?

I was haveing a gander through my BIOS and I found something that said SB to K8 speed and under the options it has a 1 with a up arrow and a 1 with a down arrow, 8 up/8down, and lastly 16 up/16down. It was set at 8up/8down, I went ahead at set it to 16up/16down. My question, would this happen to be a control for my pci slots?

I believe that is just an odd way of showing the HT Link Width. 8 or 16 bit.

I am not sure of the total picture where this exact setup is concerned but in essence you can have a short wide fast bus or a long narrow fast bus.

I use 16 but have never tested it. I say set it both ways and run PCMark and see if there is a diffrence.

http://www.hypertransport.org/default.cfm?page=HyperTransportSpecifications I did a write up on HT and QPI but it does not answer your question but I know the HTC website pretty well.

Last edited:
Back