• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Open Box [Need Advise]

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Laoag24

I am currently planning to buy a graphics card. Although, I have insufficient budget. I've been seeing Open box video cards that newegg offers like the 6870 is around $180 (reg price $269). What is you guys advise about buying an Open Box Video Card? Would it be worth it? Or I stick with the new one?

well its hit or miss,people return them for three reasons first it has errors/bad card, two they needed the money back for what ever reason, three they were to stupid to figure out how to install it.so hopefully it was one of the last two reasons.a few things to consider tho...you dont get any accessory(but you probably wont need them anyhow) and two some manufacturer wont honor the warranty if the previous person registered the card already. so i always buy new...but the savings are tempting lol

Back