• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Phenom 2 6 core 95 watt cpus?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rumbl3

Well on my mobo, I happen to just check and see there is a bios update and it support p2 6 core 95watt verisons. Are there out yet? Don't see any on the egg of course.

There are 95W 1055T's out there*, "HDT55TWFK6DGR" (OEM = no heatsink), but you'll probably have to look for "HDT55TWFGRBOX" since that's the retail box version.

*I haven't seen them in the US but it seems like I ran across one on a European site. Can't say for sure, though ...

Yeah i found them forsale 200+ depending. Few sites that google brought up one with 1600+ reviews 5 stars or whatever.

So hell maybe i'll take the plunge and just snag a 6 core lol coming up here shortly. But just not sure if it's worth it when i could probably do everythingwith a quad for almost a 100 cheaper.

But would be nice to hav eit lol.

The 95w never came to the US in a retail form. That's why they're so expensive. The theory is that the OC headroom is higher, but IMHO why do you need an X6 over 4.1ghz? e-peen?

The 95w never came to the US in a retail form. That's why they're so expensive. The theory is that the OC headroom is higher, but IMHO why do you need an X6 over 4.1ghz? e-peen?

Yeah i want one but even i'm debating if i really need it lol. I want it so i can say i have it lol.

But in the end im truely debating really in the end i love tf2 and im just looking to play and record video at the same time without sacraficing graphics which im guessing i could do with a quad and a 2nd hd? maybe even a tri-core.

You can run the 125 watter in a 95W board but you will want to under-volt it to keep it from killing the board. I would only do this if I were planning to get a better board but needed the chip now. Like Ice and others said, you can look for the 95 as a same alternative. The main issue will be if the board can detect the chips configuration, thus your BIOS update stated in the OP.

Back