• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nans!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

freeagent

Grrrrrr.

Okay, this is getting discouraging. I keep getting nans detected on gpu, stock, overclocked, underclocked, hot, cold, it doesnt matter. I dont know what else to do. This is becomeing such an irritateing issue that Im about ready to pack it in. Ive tried drivers, Ive tried installing with physx, without, with the 3d thing, without it, nothing is helping.

So now I come to you, is there anything I can do? This is on my 295 by the way.. And it only happens with the bigger point units, 753 I believe.. the 350 pointers run no problem, for days on end. Is my card junk? It shouldnt be, it games just fine. Everything works except the f@h app.

I've got a EVGA GTX295 CO-Op that runs fine except that after about 8 months one core quit folding. I underclocked and got it to work for a while, but eventually it had to be underclocked again, finally it just quit. It isn't unheard of. It is unlikely that both cores stop at the same time due to hardware failure. Run a memory test, OCCT or Stanford's memory tester.

Have you run driver sweeper in safe mode to remove all traces of any drivers and then installed the 260.99 drivers? If that doesn't work, it might be a bad card.

Sorry I should have clarified that it is gpu 1 konks out, gpu 0 will run on foreverish :)

Yessir I use driver cleaner, cc cleaner etc. The last time this happend a driver reinstall fixed it. TZhe it was happening again, so I tried downclocking, and that worked, but now its doing it again. I have an 8800gt thats been running for a few weeks already and hasnt had one problem. This card is supposed to be lightyears ahead, but if its giveing up the ghost, then this will definately be my last 295. It has had such an easy life compared to my last one lol. Except recently in the fold that is..

A friend of mine had his 295 crap out on him after a bit of over a year of folding. He never OC'd but still complained of heat when folding. After all this talk, I'd never buy one if they were still available.

Geez man, they still cost $300 US at the ovoid.

This was a brand new replacement I got for my first one that really kicked the bucket, this one still funtions, the other one wouldnt, even at the most basic level lol. Ahh well, Ill send it back and get another. After christmas tho of course.. In the meantime I will pay off a couple of things, and get a new 5 series gpu when more are out.

ugh.

This was a brand new replacement I got for my first one that really kicked the bucket, this one still funtions, the other one wouldnt, even at the most basic level lol. Ahh well, Ill send it back and get another. After christmas tho of course.. In the meantime I will pay off a couple of things, and get a new 5 series gpu when more are out.

ugh.

LOL @ 5xx series.;):rock: Me, I just got a GTX 460 and was extremely amazed @ how cool it runs, even at 1700 shaders with stock volts, 62C @ %42 fan. The 470 still beats it by %20 production wise. I can't afford a 5XX yet but it would be interesting to see what they do in real life.

I reinstalled the 295 CO-OP in a different rig with the latest drivers and without physX and both cores seem to be doing well at 1502 MHz shaders. KOW.

Whats KOW?

I quit folding on my 295, I still need it to work for a couple of months, so Im just running the smp client on my 965@ 4ghz, its chewing thru frames at about 1 every 32 mins.

Knock on Wood!

Knocking on wood may not have worked, gpu 1, has completed 4 and failed 1 since I turned it on this morning. That's not good enough, but I'm letting it run a bit more. It's at 1502 shaders. I'm actually using it to heat an office with a broken heat pump. At 17,000 ppd, at least I'll get a little boost in production.

Back