• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Matrix 5870 locking into 3d mode?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Peeved Kitten

So I have an ASUS Matrix 5870. I think the card is underclocking pretty badly. I get ****** frame-rates in FFXIV and WoW and compared to other people running similar set ups several of my games seem to be running at less than full capacity.

I tried using the iTracker 2 software and making the 2d/3d clocks the same and that doesn't seem to help. Is there a way I can force it into 3d mode? I have the latest drivers and CCC.

I used MSI Afterburner and can see that it is indeed underclocking the GPU. Is there some way I can just disable 2d mode and make it run at my 3d clocks all the time, or maybe force it on or off?

I've done a lot of web-searching and have been unable to find a fix. However it does seem to be a documented issue. Something about Powerplay?

frame-rates in FFXIV and WoW not the best way to check.
Run Fur Mark in stability mode with only Gpu-z watch temps.
Then watch your gpu clocks in Fur mark demo live.
If your playing on line just one wrong game net ini. setting can cause your
FPS to drop from 100 to 60.
When playing on line always have your net and fps up at all times to correct when needed.

frame-rates in FFXIV and WoW not the best way to check.
Run Fur Mark in stability mode with only Gpu-z watch temps.
Then watch your gpu clocks in Fur mark demo live.
If your playing on line just one wrong game net ini. setting can cause your
FPS to drop from 100 to 60.
When playing on line always have your net and fps up at all times to correct when needed.

Ok, that's not really my issue. My issue is this: When I'm playing FFXIV and WoW for some reason my card stay at 2d clocks 157/800 vs. 1000/5300. It doesn't give me issues anywhere else, just those 2 games. I can check this with MSI afterburner and CCC I score about 6k in furmark 1920x1080 and have no issues with it whatsoever.

Back