• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[O/C] Futuremark Release 3DMark 11

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
ATi claims that heavy tesslation will never be used in real world applications, so they didn't optimize the architecture for tesslation, consequentially, they get blown out of the water on stuff like this where there actually is heavy tesslation.

Hmm I didn't know that! I guess we will have to wait and see what games are like in a year or 2 from now. I still want a higher score though! :bday:

Yea, it'll be interesting to see who got it right, though nvidia does have pretty heavy influence with the TWIMTBP program...though AMD did launch the Gaming Evolved program, I haven't seen anything out of that yet and nvidia is well established with theirs.

Until then, drink milk.

EDIT: Grrrrrrr Woomack... killing me on that 470 man!!! THat 920 core is huge. Vmodded (bios and OCP)? water?

Modded bios + ocp + water but core 900-910MHz , above 915MHz driver is resetting and it's on about 3rd test while temps are ~52-55*C ( read from afterburner ).
Stock GTX580 should have score near 6k or at least I saw many 5800-6100.

about drivers I was reading somewhere that latest betas are fixing most problems with sli and other things but sometimes are weird visual effects

most beta drivers for nvidia are on guru3d

So HT is useless with this bench or what?

Seems like even multi cores are useless for most tests. I'm making scores on i7 920/950 like others on 980x.
Other thing, for nvidia better use physx on so it won't keep your cpu under full load in last tests and will let you oc cpu higher ( at least works for me ). Seems like there is some difference between 2 and 4 cores but almost nothing with more cores and ht seems useless.

Interesting, I guess it is about time we have a more GPU based benchmark as both Vantage and 3DM06 is too much core dependent.

Looks like 1366 platform definitely has the upper hand on others

too many problems with this benchmark so far , possible that patches will change something but hard to say now

Looks like the generational difference (from C2Q to i7) is much more important that the extra 4x threads HT gives you. Thubans fair better than C2Q. No one has submitted an i7 / 5870 result yet, so I'm not sure how it will compare. Judging from my 6870 result, I'd say there would be at least some improvement.

Its there in paid too. Its the first one I recall
Sapphire is plastered all over the boat in GT1 of 3DVantage.

I downloaded 3D11 on Monday and still haven't had time to get around to benching it :(

Do you have AA/AF manually on in NVCP?

Do you have the advanced version? If so, go to the advanced tab and press the performance button and make sure you disable the audio and demo so its only the 6 benches.

Is PhysX enabled on the card?

Edmund, that was with the 263.09 drivers. but the bench is pretty wacky. I reran at the 18x multi and score dropped way down.

Do you have AA/AF manually on in NVCP? YES

Do you have the advanced version? YES If so, go to the advanced tab and press the performance button and make sure you disable the audio and demo so its only the 6 benches. DONE

Is PhysX enabled on the card? YES

These are the settings

Attachments

• 3dm11.jpg
    3dm11.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 192
App controlled or ON? Leave it app controlled in NVCP... (unless I misunderstood). I doubt this will resolve it as mine was plug any play for my scores really. GL!

my run was actually with the 262.99 drivers that futuremark says are not approved nor is the l5640 an approved cpu

Back