• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[O/C] Futuremark Release 3DMark 11

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

David

Forums Super Moderator
Today, Futuremark released 3DMark 11, the latest in their long-running series of benchmarking software. 3DMark, as the name suggests, tends to be aimed towards benchmarking gaming PCs and provides users with a score that can be used to compare the relative performance of different systems for gaming. Futuremark has kindly provided us with press copy of 3DMark 11 Professional for a few days, so we can go through some of the features of the new software and reveal some of the first 3DMark11 scores. Unlike some previous versions, the 11 in 3DMark11 stands for 'DirectX 11' rather than '2011'.

Read More

UPDATE 6/7/11 - 3DMark 11 was updated, see this post.

Score List

P3594 - W3680 @ 4.5GHz | GTX 580 @ stock
P3600 - Q9300 @ 3.33 GHz | GTX 460 @ 900/1800/2200
P4353 - Q9550 @ 3.6GHz | HD 5870 @ stock
P4523 - C2Q @ 2740 | HD 5970 @ 850/1100
P4731 - x6 1100T @ 4.26GHz | HD 5870 @ 975/1225
P4908 - i7 870 @ 4.4GHz | HD 6870 @ 1025/1175
P5636 - W3570 @ 4GHz | GTX 470 @ 850/1700/1800
P6034 - i7 980x @ 4.39GHz | GTX 480 @ 829/1658/1900
P6061 - i7 920 @ 4.2GHz | GTX 470 @ 920/1050

To have your score added, please list your score, CPU @ [clocks] & GPU @ [clocks]. Thanks!

EDIT 12/20/10 - This list is being discontinued. EarthDog, in his infinite wisdom and perseverance has started an official 3DMark 11 thread, please post your results over there.

Additionally, Futuremark released an update to 3Dmark 11 on Dec. 20. Head over to this post to see what was changed and where to download the updates.

Last edited by a moderator:
Screenshots will be... delayed unfortunately.

Hokie had the hardware for the tests but didn't have time to write the article, so I wrote it. However, I didn't realise the FX880M isn't DirectX11....

If anyone wants to run it and grab some screenshots, send me them as png or jpeg ideally, and 800 pixels on the longest edge, to david [at] overclockers doot com I'll add them to the article and credit you appropriately.

Updated with some YouTube videos that Futuremark have released.

There are results screenshots in the article. You mean screenshots of the runs?

Yes, screenshots of the benches. I know there are leaked ones from the preview, but, thats a nice thing to have for those that may not have seen it.

I so called this release date in this thread. Knew they would try to compete with the WoW:Cataclysm release. :chair:
Thats like saying a new dragster is competing with Honda's minivan. :shrug:

People playing games are not worried about the release of a benchmark. Just as most benchers could care less about the new release of WoW. Sure there is some crossover, but I just cant think of a way these would compete being such different applications.

What's WoW? :chair:

:p

I'll try & take a screenshot or two at lunch. Looking for anything specific?

Just some in bench SS's are all anyone would be looking for I would imagine... something showing off the DX11 features where its used heavily? Iunno.

Ok, will see what I can do.

For anyone who saw this post and had no idea what we were talking about, the front page article is now visible to the public. I blame David.

david was snorting noxious fumes in the lab again this morning...messed everything up.

I'm having trouble with my install (Advanced). It's only using one of my cards and I'm getting framerates of only 5-6 FPS. Tryed Vantage to see if it is running on both cards normally and it's now full of artifacts. Crysis Warhead is still running as always 50-55 FPS and loading both cards normally. What's up :mad:

Edit, Word at Futuremark's forum is that nobody's able to get SLI to work.

Last edited:
Got P4523 on my Core 2 Quad@2740 and 5970@850/1100. But what I really wanna know is when do we get games that look like that?

I have to go DL that on my lunch now... And I wasnt ready to pay $20 for it yet.... But im dieing to try it!

Sorry guys, I'm having a 'fail at life' day. Really.

Ask, and ye shall receive. Here are screenshots of all six tests, in the order they come when benching.

Graphics Test 1

graphics-test-1-ss.jpg

Graphics Test 2

graphics-test-2-ss.jpg

Graphics Test 3

graphics-test-3-ss.jpg

Graphics Test 4

graphics-test-4-ss.jpg

Physics Test (CPU only)

physics-test-ss.jpg

Combined Test (Physics on CPU, with the rest on the GPU)

combined-test-ss.jpg

Now, these can be made a lot prettier. This is the way they appear with the Performance preset; went with that since it's how most people will see it.

It looks good even on performance. I'll have to just settle with watching videos of the bench I guess...:rain:

I'm having trouble with my install (Advanced). It's only using one of my cards and I'm getting framerates of only 5-6 FPS. Tryed Vantage to see if it is running on both cards normally and it's now full of artifacts. Crysis Warhead is still running as always 50-55 FPS and loading both cards normally. What's up :mad:

Edit, Word at Futuremark's forum is that nobody's able to get SLI to work.

http://hwbot.org/forum/showpost.php?p=83213&postcount=13

that what you're looking for maybe?

Back