• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Making my own DC client

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nightelph

So I want to help a friend make our own DC client. Where do I start?

He a mathematician and his work [CSU] wants him to start exploring parallel processing and distributed computing. I'd like to put a client together that will utilize four computers on a gigabit home network to start with. Can anyone point me in a direction?

I am pretty sure using BIONC will allow you to setup custom groups and what not, you'll probably have to do a lot of coding as far as work load and data management/handling.

Haha cool. Its going to be a long term project on the side. But BOINC looks like a great place to start.

BOINC does work well, but the learning curve is a little steep. I've successfully written and distributed a BOINC client on my own computers, but only under Linux. If you have a choice of operating system, BOINC under Linux works well.

They do have a VM linux image with everything loaded and configured though, I may try that option.

Back