• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

24" LED Monitor Recommendation?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BigTerminator

Hey, I have about $250 to spend on a Monitor in the 24" range. Not looking to go any smaller but will go a little bigger if necessary. There two monitors that strike my eye right now. Samsung BX 2450 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824001421 or the Gateway FHX2402L reason for the Gateway is this review http://www.maximumpc.com/article/home/gateway_fhx2402l_review. Max PC receives many IPS and regular monitors so I'd except there review to be much better than of an average consumer who awes at any LED monitor. I can really care less about the power consumption as it's LED, both monitors have enough inputs and the stands are fine. I really want to know which will give me the best color and the best GAMING experience. This is a monitor I'm looking to keep for at least 3-5 years so it must be the best I can get at the moment. Would love any input on these and reviews of users with any monitor they have and love. The Anti Glare is also something I'm wanting. Won't be wall mounted or anything special so that doesn't matter. No Gateway or Samsung bashing because you received a DOA product or fanboyism. Both are respectable companies that make good products and I'll I want is constructive information that's backed up. Thank You very much and can't wait to here from you guys :)

for good color and good gaming performance, you're going to have to spend more than 250, especially if you want the color to be accurate. (when i say accurate, i mean realistic, like you would use to edit photos with, as opposed to the false color you get with most TN panels which can only do 6-bit color. they can look great, but aren't realistic. are you looking for realistic, or just nice looking?)

I'm no photo professional. Again I don't need IPS, I want a very good TFT panel. I'm not looking to spend more than $300 for sure. Today's LED monitors are looking better than ever, so I want the best LED monitor. IPS, I can't and won't afford. I want a very good looking monitor, with deep blacks and minimal back light bleeding and color uniformity.

@BigTerminator,

Hey, whats up man. Did you get ur self a MSI 6870 Twin Frozr II? You told me about 2 weeks ago that you'll be getting one. I just want to know your thoughts man, cuz I'm about to order one just now.

I'm actually looking to get it in conjunction with my new monitor. My 5770 can't handle the extra resolution so it's time to upgrade. I've seen many reviews on the Twin Frozr 6870 and people have gotten it up to 1100mhz so it's very impressive card. You won't be disappointed as it is the best 6870 on the market right now. Overclocked past 1ghz will get you performance above a 5870 and near a GTX 570.

Yeah, I might do a whole review on it. The only thing is I'm getting in January, not next week. You though should get yours as soon as you are able to. Drivers right now aren't even mature so except a good 5-10% in some games after multiple driver releases.

the samsung 24" LED bx2431 model is exactly like the bx2450 with minimal differences being the stand and the frame being different.

newegg has it for $239.99 right now with a promo code. i have one myself and don't regret buying it. also, you WILL need to mess with the monitor settings if you decide to purchase it.

and for the bx2450, you will need to change the monitor settings as well as people from slickdeals who bought this a month ago on sale said colors looked washed out.

in the end, it's up to you what monitor. i don't really see too many people owning a gateway monitor. samsung is a reliable brand when it comes to monitors, so i'd stick with them imo over gateway.

Last edited:
Well my Dad just surprised me with an Asus 248h LED monitor. He got it as an open box sale for $150 and the specs are pretty identical to each of these. 2ms response and 10 million contrast. All of the goodies and I have to say it looks amazing. I was using an old Acer 22" and the difference is tremendous. No dead pixels and has good connection options and the picture couldn't be any crisper. Now that I saved $250 on a monitor, I might have a little extra to spend on GPU.

Back