• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[O/C] AMD HD6970 Graphics Card Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Try bumping the clock on the 6970 w/ the Sapphire TriXX program :D See what you can do. I was able to bench 1000/1450 with 3dmark11, but it wasnt stable enough for gaming

With a 200 Mhz increase in CPU to 4.6 Ghz the 6970 gains over a 1000 points

Attachments

• 6970.png
    6970.png
    43.5 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:
Yeah, in 3dmark06 but in 3dmark11, it doesnt seem to pickup much at all from my testing. Maybe you could give it a shot and see? I saw such a minimal increase going from 4ghz to 4.3ghz that it wasnt even worth it (few dozen points was all).

Nothing seems to in 11. If anything in 11 the only reason the score would pick up from CPU is if the CPU is bottlenecking the GPU.

I just bought a 6950 since they are pretty much all flashing over to 6970 100%

Should be a fun card. Not that I need a sidegrade :p

So, the EK waterblock has been ordered for my 6970. Expect some fun stuff soon - Air vs liquid temps, when available ocing liquid vs. air etc. I'll also be doing an installation/tutorial video on how to put one of these under water.

What you might want to do is contact our slacking:)p) ATI CE KonaKona, and post in his CE thread that you would like to write up an article for this. :)

If you havent already, contact IMOG to get you setup in WP... tell em Earthdog sent you. LOL!

Yeah, send IMOG a PM and he'll set you up in WP.

Make sure you send me a PM if you need anything done by me. I just now found out the article this thread is about got posted... :(

Back