• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any special configurations needed? Win7+SSD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PearlJammzz

Well I have finally bit and purchased myself a SSD. I have Windows 7 Home Pro. Is there anything I need to configure once I install it? Or is Win 7 smart enough to handle everything?

I know I should enable AHCI, make sure defrag is turned off as well as indexing service (it's a gaming rig only). Anything else I should look for/do?

Sorry if there is a thread on this already I just wasn't able to find anything specific.

no, i think you should be good to go. just after you install everything and all set up, run some benchmarks to make sure your drive is running at the right speeds.
stay safe
i2

I got it all up and going last night. Seems GREAT so far. What speeds on what benchmarks should my X-25 120gig get? Guess I'll have to look around for that stuff now :p.

Windows experience is a 7.7, and here are my benchmarks. As a recap this is an Intel X25-M G2 120gb:

intelbench.jpg

Make sure to download and run the Intel SSD Toolbox, then click on Intel SSD Management Tools, and run the System Configuration Tuner. After tuning, you should then see "System configuration is optimal" under the Status column. Also schedule the SSD Optimizer to run on a weekly basis.

Back