• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking a Celeron-800

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mavericko

Hey everyone! Okay, here's my problem. Currently I've overclocked my Celeron-800 to 1182Mhz (147Mhz FSB) @ 2.20V. What I cant seem to do is to get my chip running at 1.2Ghz. It posts and all, cept it just doesnt want to load up in Windows 2k. So I was wondering if there are any tips I could use to maybe just get my chip at 1.2. Thanks!

PS: Oops, I forgot to add my system specs.
Celeron 800 @ 1182
Abit VH6-II
256 PC-133 Infineon RAM
Maxtor 30G
Radeon 32meg DDR
SB Live! Value
Plextor 12/10/32A
Toshiba 16x DVD

Well I've got my Celeron-800 running at 1182 with a 24C idle, and a load of 31C. With a lapped Globalwin WBK38 with a 6500RPM Delta fan. Hmmm, what else can I say? :D

Mavericko said:
Well I've got my Celeron-800 running at 1182 with a 24C idle, and a load of 31C. With a lapped Globalwin WBK38 with a 6500RPM Delta fan. Hmmm, what else can I say? :D

yank everything except the vid card and see if it boots into windows at 1200...if so then one of your PCI cards is holding you back

2.2v sounds a bit high for a cele 800 perhaps your temps are higher than you think

Tasos:

i only suggest him to jackup the vcore is becasue his temp is wonderfully low. however, you are right, 2.2v is about to pushing his chip to death, and i did not realize that he is kinda green .. :eek:

Hmm. So 2.2's pretty high, eh? I guess I should jack it down. Ohh and another thing, can one of you guys tell me if MotherBoard Monitor's actually giving me the right temperature? Or is there a better program I could use? Cause I totally agree with you guys. It's weird seeing my computer running at 23C idle with a 2.2V chip. Thanks in advance.

The temperature still don't matter if your running vcores of over 2.2 you need water cooling!

MBM is accurate trust me :D It retrieves the temperature right from the bios, and the Abit diodes are pretty good.

I may think you reached a max potential or something. Thats like a 50% overclock. The best you can do now IMHO is to, sharpen up the ram timings to the lowest as possible if you haven't. Add more voltage going to ram if you need some more stablity if you think you can get FSB (150?) :D Crank down the voltage a little. Add a better chipset cooler.

Yodums

Back