• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vista black screen after fresh install Dell 1545

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rumbl3

Well my buddy brought his laptop over, had black screen problem to begin with. Anyway I heard a little about this beign a common nightmare so anyway he said the machine moved real slow it had some virus stuff. Anyway so odd reason he didnt have that "hidden" part on his drive with a copy of vista on it.

But he did have a disk for dell laptops with vista on it.

Anyway i got all the way through install it was finalizing it and them bam black screen with white cursor.

I tried safe mode nothing but got nothing so far.

Any suggestions as to what to try to get this hunk of junk off my computer desk :).

Also in safe mode it gets stuck at loading windows drivers crcdisk.sys
I havent put much time into this maybe i should check see if the drive is dead? lol but ubuntu installed fine on it.

Last edited:
Anyway i got all the way through install it was finalizing it and them bam black screen with white cursor.

As simple and as stupid as this may sound, this is a legit question...is the computer plugged up? Cause Windows has been known to do this if trying to reinstall off just battery power alone.

I figured it out. The other night i really didnt put much time in so i tossed the post up so when i got up i could see some opinions, yeah it was plugged in tho lol.

Ended up beign a driver issue had to install off my usb key during install. Works liek a charm now.

Back