• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

6950 might have potential to unlock 128 extra shaders.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
HA! I successfully unlocked it :) yey!. At CCC I set the PowerTune to 20% more like techpowerup said. Do I really need to do that?

Flashed to 6970:

-Since I have sapphire 6950 can I use triXX to overclock it then use afterburner to change the fan settings?

3dmark Vantage Result:

Question: Why does AMD CPU score low on 3dmarkvantage unlike intel CPU's? I have Phenom X6 1055T @ 4.0ghz and my friend have i5-760 @ stock and he score 39k.

Alright.... think I was going on 8-12 months talking about a new video card. I pulled the trigger finally. Sapphire 6950 incoming :)

Can successfully did this . But I have a question.

-I'm about to reformat my pc. Since I have a 6950MOD6970sapphire card which drivers should I download from sapphire the 6950 or 6970?

Can successfully did this . But I have a question.

-I'm about to reformat my pc. Since I have a 6950MOD6970sapphire card which drivers should I download from sapphire the 6950 or 6970?

Just catalyst 10.12 will do it mate.

-So I can install 6970 drivers and sapphire triXX for my 6950MOD6970? Would that work well?

-So I can install 6970 drivers and sapphire triXX for my 6950MOD6970? Would that work well?

we're all waiting for catalyst 11.1, to which ati should be relasing soon. Catalyst 10.12a is working ok for me at the moment, some people have reported crashing and problems.

the link for 10.12a
http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/AMDCatalyst1012ahotfix.aspx

With ati catalyst drivers it doesnt matter what make or series model ie 6950 or 6970 it will auto-install the correct one.

Just got my xfx 6950 and flashed it to 6970 using the xfx 6970 bios. Worked a treat and the 6970 clocks automatically showed up on the new card too, unlike with the ati bios. What a satisfying purchase! Looks like I'll need another when these start to come down.

I don't have the power option or the auto tune option in the overclocking section with ver. 10.12 drivers. Any ideas how to enable them?

Alright.... think I was going on 8-12 months talking about a new video card. I pulled the trigger finally. Sapphire 6950 incoming :)

Nice! Are you going to crossfire these puppies or just have the one? When you flash it to a 6970 are you going to overclock the bejesus out of it? :santa:

By the way, didn't you have an ATI card before your 285? I seem to remember you having a different set up for some reason (but with a card from the same generation). :confused:

Nice! Are you going to crossfire these puppies or just have the one? When you flash it to a 6970 are you going to overclock the bejesus out of it? :santa:

By the way, didn't you have an ATI card before your 285? I seem to remember you having a different set up for some reason (but with a card from the same generation). :confused:

Just got one, and I'll OC it as far as I can take it :)

Yup had dual 4850 before the 285, and before that it was a 2900XT, 1900XT, 1800XL, 800Pro flashed to XT, and little fusy think it was either the next lower AT one (9800's) or the nVidia TI4400.

*pets card* goood boy goood boy :)

Sapphire 6950 i mean 6970 up and running!

Whats some reliable good stress testing for vid cards these days? I know furmark... well doesn't max out the card because of the limits put into it now but curious to whats out there typically people use.

40% fan setting @ 880/1375 most of my GPU temps 2x @ 68C and 2x @ 73.5C for highs after running Heaven benchmark @ 1920x1200, DX11, disabled, high, normal, 16x, 4x

FPS: 41.8
Scores: 1053
Min FPS: 4.6
Max FPS: 80.1

More results posting in my thread..
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=665111

Last edited:
Anyone having trouble installing the new CCC preview? I run the installer and it goes through the process but nothing happens... Still stuck with same old CCC

Edit: NM apparently the new one doesnt support 6900 series :(

Last edited:
Anyone having trouble installing the new CCC preview? I run the installer and it goes through the process but nothing happens... Still stuck with same old CCC

Edit: NM apparently the new one doesnt support 6900 series :(

Yeah it was the first driver I installed. It didn't seem like anything special so I went to the 10.12a driver instead when I installed my card last night.

Yeah it was the first driver I installed. It didn't seem like anything special so I went to the 10.12a driver instead when I installed my card last night.

Aha! Didn't know they released a hotfix, thanks.

Edit: Uhhh just installed the 10.12a package and its saying I have Catalyst 10.11... is that right?

Attachments

• 10.11.png
    10.11.png
    20.2 KB · Views: 218
Last edited:
No clue i'll look it up in a few hours.

Really could care less just give me 11.1's :) Actually all is running fine right now, and my card can do 925/1450 no problem, and 950/1450 with little error.

Just wanted to say that the flash worked on my gigabyte 6950

What type of clocks you getting on it?

The best or weirdest error I've ever had was with I was at 20% Voltage and 950/1450 doing a rather old benchmark about 90sec into it. It split the screen... somewhat. Part of the left side of the screen was now on the right, the left half of the screen was fussy/blurry and the rest of the screen was fine except 25% was the far right and 25% was what should be on the far left but was now the far right.

Just think I hit the OC to hard though temps where great according to GPU-z. As well wasn't a hard crash either.

What type of clocks you getting on it?

The best or weirdest error I've ever had was with I was at 20% Voltage and 950/1450 doing a rather old benchmark about 90sec into it. It split the screen... somewhat. Part of the left side of the screen was now on the right, the left half of the screen was fussy/blurry and the rest of the screen was fine except 25% was the far right and 25% was what should be on the far left but was now the far right.

Just think I hit the OC to hard though temps where great according to GPU-z. As well wasn't a hard crash either.

Well its running at the stock 6970 clocks right now. Haven't had a chance to move it up yet.

Did you get a chance to see if your 10.12a is showing up as 10.11?

Back