• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fastest AM3 mb challenge.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I wouldn't bet on that unless you have an overloaded loop. Even an H70 can pretty much keep up with air coolers using similar fans - and that's only a relatively thin, single rad. ;) I mean, what do your load temps run, 45 maybe?

Last edited:
I wouldn't bet on that unless you have an overloaded loop. Even an H70 can pretty much keep up with air coolers using similar fans - and that's only a relatively thin, single rad. ;) I mean, what do your load temps run, 45 maybe?

41C at 4.1Ghz ;) and I am adding a 120.4 with push/pull yate mediums on both rads. :D

Oh pshaw. If I could monitor temps, you just couldn't beat 4.1ghz @ 1.424v. On a TRUE 120 push/pull, she's hard to beat. ;)

Not even that, I was challenging your WC'ing setup. :p I can't even get temperatures though. :rofl: We'll say you win this round.

Oh pshaw. If I could monitor temps, you just couldn't beat 4.1ghz @ 1.424v. On a TRUE 120 push/pull, she's hard to beat. ;)
I take it that's comparing it to the Venomous? They're pretty darn close with the TRUE coming out on top by 1-2°C according to the good Docktor. ;)

If you're comparing it to a loop don't bother, a solid loop will win every time.

I take it that's comparing it to the Venomous? They're pretty darn close with the TRUE coming out on top by 1-2°C according to the good Docktor. ;)

If you're comparing it to a loop don't bother, a solid loop will win every time.

Well my temps are probably a good bit better, but I am jealous of your vCore xD

Lol, I was comparing to the loop. I was just giving him crap. I'm a lost cause! :rofl:

@ Dooms, I'm jealous of my own vcore! :shock: This freakin' thing does 4ghz on one voltage bump (1.39vcore)! :drool:

this looks like a fun thread.... this is the only screen shot i have of my 965 at 4.1. This chip sucks, takes 1.6 to get stable at 4.0 and 4.1 is as high as it would go even with sub ambient cooling, and this screenshot is pretty embarassing, showing my huge cpu bottleneck with crysis.
790fx-gd70
water cooling

bikepics-2148330-full.jpg

Nice! What was the San Ace on?

The San Ace is strapped to a Thermalright Inferno FX-14 at the moment... I have the Venomous X sitting on my desk right now waiting to be installed, but I have to build a fan controller for the two fans that I'm going to put on it.

Most of them seem to be on steroids! :p

Not as much as the Nidecs I'm going to put on the rig once I have the controller built.

For reference.... That's the rig... One San Ace on the HSF and the other three fans being all proud in front of the camera.
Once the controller is built; the San Ace fans will take a rest for a while and the Nidecs will take over cooling duties... Or maybe I get a second Venomous X, strap it to my GPU and put the San Aces on it.
Who knows.

As for these fans outperforming a water setup... not likely, but the one that is running right now keeps my 955BE nice and cool while at load... I haven't seen this chip get over 47C at full load on Prime95 while at 4.2GHz with 1.480V
attachment.php

Back