• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Are there any unlocked BIOS's for the 6970

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Peeved Kitten

I've got an MSI 6970, right now it's maxed out at the CCC limit of 950/1475. I was hoping there might already be, or is in the works an unlocked BIOS to go above the predefined limits.

If anyone knows of one and can point me in the right direction that would be fantastic!

Thanks OCF!:rock:

Sapphire TriXX will get you above teh 950/1450 limit. Cant say itll be real stable though without voltage :( Atleast mine isnt :(

Here is what I heard/red somewhere.Asus BIOS has highest clocks.Not just that,but Asus cards or a card with asus bios should support voltage adjustment via smartdoctor,which is btw is a horrible piece of software,but it could be an only option.Take this with a grain of salt,I sadly do not own one of these cards and cannot verify this.

Well MSI will support the Ref cards with voltage control etc. through Afterburner eventually. I will try the ASUS BIOS and see how it goes. Since all these boards are reference the only difference is the BIOS and cooler really.

I have to say the Dual mode BIOS's are absolutely awesome.

CCC has a Power Adjust mode for the cards, but they stop at 950/1450 for the clocks. I believe MSI Afterburner will have support for additional OC'ing.

You have an MSI card. Wait for an update to Afterburner. Also there is a beta I think of Afterburner available that might support the 6970's. Even without voltage for now on afterburner, it will still allow you to go higher.

Back