• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

First Gaming Rig Help?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

orkslayer

Registered
Hey guys im building my first gaming rig very very soon and already have half the parts and i want your thoughts and intellectual comments on how well this rig will be in consists of a

Case : (Thermaltake v9 edition clear side)

MotherBoard : (ga-880gm-usb3)

PowerSupply : (Corsair vx550w)

Ram : (G.Skill Ripjaws 4GB Kit(2Gx2) DDR3 1600 RAM (Intel 1156pin, AM3) Really odd to find on their site so i linked where i am buying it sorry

CPU : (AMD Phenom II X4 955)

Graphics Card : (PowerColor PCS+ HD6850 1GB GDDR5) i was going to orginaly go with a 5850 but with only a 6% difference in speed is it worth it? let me know please.

Harddrive : (WD SATA 2TB HDD)

The WD Green drives are 5400RPM and VERY slow. Go with a WD Cavair Black, it's the normal 7200RPM drive.

If you get the XFX version of the 6850, it comes with a lifetime warranty.

The WD Green drives are 5400RPM and VERY slow. Go with a WD Cavair Black, it's the normal 7200RPM drive.

If you get the XFX version of the 6850, it comes with a lifetime warranty.

ok thx for the harddrive info didnt notice :) and i know about the xfx but i am buying from msy and they dont do xfx :( thanks tho apart from that is it a decent rig?

Your choices are good and as others already pointed out, the harddrive needs to be changed. The psu will run the setup fine, but if you do any add on crossfire later on you will need a stronger psu. What is your budget?

Back