• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Help!!! Bad Board?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rigit

I bought and installed 2 fans to set up a push pull on my corsair H50. I fired it up everything is fine then I go to convert some video to divx. This requires a bit of horse power so the fans spun up a bit. Midrange I'd say. Everything's fine it's doing it's thing I'm cruising the net. Then poof. Everything goes blank. Won't respond to power button, no video everything else comes on. Man seems like a board to me. How could a couple of fans do this? Maybe I'll get lucky and it's the PSU but with other stuff getting power I think not. I need help here. My specs are in my sig. I don't want to have to get a new board. If I do should I look for something special to handle the fans? This is nuts. I didn't even have the thing turned up as much as usual. It was at 3.5Ghz which should be no problem.

What's the make and model of PSU?

It's a generic that came with my new case. Gsys. It was rated at the same as my other one 500W but it couldn't take the stress. Died. While waiting for response I switched it our with my other one and it boots fine. I did unplug some lights. This is a coolermaster case but it has lights in the front. Look kinda cool but they take power and I seem to have a limited supply. I'm going to order a bigger PSU. In the mean time I will curtail any OC goals until I get the new PSU. The 2 fans have made a HUGE difference over the single sock that came with the H50. Idle temps down by 11C. Idles in the mid 20's now. Probably ought to get a 750W PSU though.

Back