• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

can't find answers ANYWHERE.....why??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

haoleflip719

Registered
Ok, here's the deal. I've been through countless forums and websites and even posted a bit on these forums also and so far no one has been able to answer or help me. All I get is a bunch of criticism and crap that I already know. It's kind of frustrating so hopefully someone can help this time!

Here are my system specs:

Toshiba Satellite L505D-LS5006 (Notebook) ACPI x64-Based PC
AMD Athlon II Dual-Core M300 2.0GHz (785G chipset)
4.0GB RAM
Windows 7 64-bit
AMD M860G w/ ATI Mobility Radeon 4100

Now, what I am trying to do is overclock my memory and/or processor. I already have my video card clocked and I have looked everywhere online trying to find a program or something that will do the processor and ram, but nothing. Now, the reason I am looking for a program is because my BIOS will not let me change settings in it at all. The only thing it will allow me to change is the date/time settings and boot order settings. There is no area for manual memory clocking or anything and I don't know why? My questions are, how do I go about clocking my RAM and processor without having to do it through BIOS? Is there a special program? How can I switch my current BIOS to a more programmable BIOS? Has anyone successfully clocked the same Notebook or a Toshiba one like it? Has anyone successfully clocked the same processor? How was it done? I guess my main question is "Can someone provide me with the info on how you or someone you know can successfully clock this processor/notebook?"

Also, I've gotten every kind of feedback in the book about what I'm trying to do. I'm not looking for "you're going to screw up your laptop" or "your laptop can overheat" or "you can't do that" (because i know there is a way). I am fully aware of what can happen to my notebook and I have all of the proper cooling and everything. I don't want to see a post that isn't helpful. Thanks!

Well I wish you luck but I don't think its possible to O/C your laptop.

I'm aware if the problems with overclocking a laptop, but as you already know them I won't warn you.

I have tried every software method of overclocking a laptop to no avail. I did overclock a Dell D810 with the Pentium M pin mod. Luckily I got away with it and didn't have to increase the Vcore.

You cant really overclock a laptop, unless it was built with overclocking in mind (Some Dell/Alienware laptops)

You say: "I know there is a way"

^How do you know this?

because there is always a way, it might require re-wiring something :) or writing your own program, or reprogramming a bios into an eprom , all beyond my skill.

2 soft programs you could play with or look to see if they claim ability to via thier compatability stuff.
SoftFSB and ClockGen. (which comes with the disclaimers you dont want to hear, of it being possible to damage the computer)

We have actually overclocked PDAs with little ARM processors, but without the sheer Genius who knows how to do that, and is willing to devote the time to do so, i would not have a chance. If someone has not chosen to take on the task, that only leaves, Being the person who can.

Last edited:
I wasn't going to be the one to suggest programming the BIOS.

Maybe if the OP was a Toshiba engineer. I have overclocked a ARM CPU in a smartphone.

But overclocking this laptop is a total no-no. SoftFSB and ClockGen only support old hardware AFIAK

:welcome:Welcome to the Forms "haoleflip719":welcome:

Overclock a laptop:rofl:
We all wish it was as easy as a Desk Top, were spoiled with all the options some motherboards have.

If I were you I would be looking for a Modified BIOS to flash your mother board to. You need to first copy your Hole BIOS as it is right now in case theirs a problem so you can always revert back to it. Flashing a BIOS can BRICK your laptop so having a known good back up is a must. Your BIOS has a number, start their searching for a modded one, good luck.

Have you tried or considered AMD's OverDrive software?
It seems to allow over riding the bios in Desktop style MB's maybe it will work for laptops also.

Back