• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

M4A89TD PRO/USB3 Voltage Issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Andreal

Registered
Hey guys my motherboard has been playing silly buggers with me. I have VCore set to 1.47 in BIOS but the most I ever get in CPU-Z is 1.452 and it fluctuates around like crazy, sometimes as low as 1.392v. Now I'm sure some fluctuations are normal but this seems like a awful lot (please correct me if I'm wrong).

I am running the latest BIOS, version 1101.

LLC off
AMD C&Q off
Turbo Core off

Is this a common issue and does anyone have any idea how to fix it? Maybe I have done something wrong?

the lastest Bios version is: 1606... I have the 1456 and I´d like it even when I have almost the same problem but is not that big diff between the jumps of the voltage.

Enabled LLC and voltage went to 1.512v under load and stayed more constant so that seems to be working better....1.5 is on the brink of safe right? I might just stability test for a while and then see if I can pull it back a little.

Also, when I went to change LLC I noticed a setting called "CPU Spread Spectrum" set to auto (options Enable or Disable). I don't know what that is but could it have been causing my problems?

@k88 where did you find that BIOS I Can't find it anywhere on ASUS's website.

Thanks!

Both CPU and PCIE Spread Spectrum options should be disabled.

Edit: That 1606 Beta BIOS is for the M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, not the TD version of the board.

Last edited:
Both CPU and PCIE Spread Spectrum options should be disabled.

Edit: That 1606 Beta BIOS is for the M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, not the TD version of the board.

fOR what helps the CPU and PCIE spread spectrum options?

sorry: My mistake with the bIOS

fOR what helps the CPU and PCIE spread spectrum options?

sorry: My mistake with the bIOS
The only time I've seen it used to good effect was when someone was getting bad static/background noise on their sound card. Somehow the CPU clock was interfering with the sound circuits. Unless you're having some problem like this disable it ...

Back