• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Building desktop need help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

superzeno

Hi I'm new and somebody directed me to this site about custom building a desktop. I wan to make a desktop or laptop that can run pcsx2 at full speed playing kingdom hearts games plz help.

P.S. I have no clue on computers so I may not understand some of your tech lingo

im just wondering about the pcsx2, play station emulator, i swear those things arent exactly legal and im wondering if any mods disagree with download ps2 bioses and such being discussed on this website?

@TheQuadFather pcsx2 is completely legal, if you own ps2 and extract bios from it to use for the emulator, but downloading bios and games if you don't own them is illegal no question. And this thread is not about emulators and illegal downloads, lets help this person build gaming pc, thats what he needs.

@superzeno tell us how much you can spend and based on that we can post the best combination of hardware available for your budget

oh thanks for clearing that up, still puzzles me into why your want your pc to play ps2 games if you have working ps2 to extract bios from...

well i doubt a ps2 emulator is going to need a powerful computer? after all the ps2 wasnt a master of graphics, surely a i3 or Phenom dual would do the trick?

Well as to why run ps2 games on pcsx2 ? because it gives me ability to play ps2 games in 1080p with graphics that put many modern pc games to shame.
As for cpu requirements for pcsx2, to run most games full speed it requires i3,i5,i7 over 3.0ghz, c2d works fine as well but has to be over 3.5ghz at least, id say i3 has to be over 3.5ghz as well, gpu nothing crazy something like 4850,5670,gtx260 is plenty, but i dont think anyone would build pc just for pcsx2, he probably wants gamning pc in general

Well as to why run ps2 games on pcsx2 ? because it gives me ability to play ps2 games in 1080p with graphics that put many modern pc games to shame.
As for cpu requirements for pcsx2, to run most games full speed it requires i3,i5,i7 over 3.0ghz, c2d works fine as well but has to be over 3.5ghz at least, id say i3 has to be over 3.5ghz as well, gpu nothing crazy something like 4850,5670,gtx260 is plenty, but i dont think anyone would build pc just for pcsx2, he probably wants gamning pc in general

idk about putting modern pc games to shame, but it's definitely nicer than it looks on the ps2.

And with emulators, high clock speeds is more important than more cores. I personally would go with an i3 with the intention of overclocking it to ~4 ghz, and an HD 4870 (they were < $100 the other day) and build the rest of the system around that. But yeah, it'd be nice if the OP could post a budget and we could do specifics

idk about putting modern pc games to shame, but it's definitely nicer than it looks on the ps2.

I said many pc games not all, also depends on how beautiful game graphics are, like FF12 on pcsx2 at 1080p smacks many pc games visually, other games not so much

:welcome:superzeno:welcome:
Welcome to the Forums "superzeno"

Are you going to reuse any parts from a previous computer like the case or power supply?

P.S. I have no clue on computers so I may not understand some of your tech lingo
Well... your going have to get a CLUE if you want to build it your self, but we can help:grouphug:

$550 Dollars is a doable amount. Are you going to reuse any parts from a previous computer like the case or power supply, monitor.

First clue, their really not hard to put together.

Back