• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

To HT or not to HT

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Castiel

After seeing the Maximus IV board on Asustek i'm pretty sure i'm going Sandy bridge but i'm not sure if i really need to spend the extra 100 bucks for Hyperthreading. This machine is pretty much only for gaming. What programs take advantage of HT? Would it be a smarter option to go with HT for purely benching purposes?

As time goes on, more and more applications and games will use it. I know BFBC2 performs better with it on. I would, just to have it, and especially for benching purposes. Are you considering joining the benching team?

As time goes on, more and more applications and games will use it. I know BFBC2 performs better with it on. I would, just to have it, and especially for benching purposes. Are you considering joining the benching team?

Yeah i've been considering joining the team. I just look at the scores with HT and my score would be so much better if i had gone with an X3440 over the 760.

I'm leaning towards the 2600K but was going to see if someone was going to try and talk me out of it. :D

Back