• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[O/C]Intel i7 2600K (Sandy Bridge) Review

• Thread starter Overclockers.com
  • Start date
Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Uhmmm... maybe they're saving the higher-voltage capabilities for the P67 classified?

And is it me or does it seem like the chips are worthless for sub-zero? And so these have to be oc'd using higher turbo-multis? It doesn't seem as much fun as old-fashioned bios oc'ing.

Max stock voltage is 1.52? :confused:

well, there's no "absolute maximum" data available in the datasheet, but it's been consistent lately that the max VID matches the absolute max Vcore for Intel chips for what I can see. Not my catch, some one else in another site pointed that out to me.

Lynnfield max 1.4V = max VID
Bloomfield 1.375V

If those sandy bridge chips can take 1.52V within specs that looks like a keeper to me, especially for a 32nm chip

but then again the minimum vid is much lower than what we're use to see at just 0.25V. maybe they're just trying to keep all bases covered or something?

VID= STOCK voltage. There are no SB with a stock voltage of 1.52v. The chart just shows those options.

If you change your stock voltage its not called VID.

I know man, but it's been the same as the max Vcore lately. Besides, if that means that potentially a chip could come with a 1.52 VID then I guess it's safe to assume that's the maximum acceptable Vcore.
I really don't know for sure, any news on what are the safe voltage levels for SB?

Too early to tell really. It's 32nm so I'm skeptical about making recommendations for fear my personal limits will be too high.

Haha, you're funny. Seriously though; I need this CPU to review motherboards, RAM and video cards. I can't kill it!

Excellent review Jeremy.. :rock:
The chip looks very nice for a midgrade..
The board.. well....
1 of these days Intel will ASK someone who knows about overclocking what is needed in a mobo..

Excellent review Jeremy.. :rock:
The chip looks very nice for a midgrade..
The board.. well....
1 of these days Intel will ASK someone who knows about overclocking what is needed in a mobo..

Skulltrail?

Yeah this board looks like junk compared to the leaked specs of the EVGA P67 classified and I guess there's a good ASUS TUF series board too.

I can't decide on a GA-P67A-UD5/7 or P8P67 Deluxe, those are the best I can find available right now. I don't know much about the TUF boards, but the ROG boards are always good (M4E).

Thanks Ray!

The TUF series (that's those sabertooth things, right?) are just silly for anyone planning to go sub-zero. Good luck insulating that thing!

I'd be torn too Matt. MIVE looks great, just make sure your station doesn't have anything in the way of an EATX board. :)

Six of one, half-a-dozen of the other between the UD7 & Deluxe. Being me, I'd go for whichever one is cheaper, because they both look like great boards. Heh, the way my luck is going recently, I'd lean toward the UD7 because it has dual BIOSes.

The big difference in the UD7 and Deluxe is the UD7 cost almost $100 more :shock:

The UD7 has x16/x16 and x16/x16/x8 SLI/Xfire but the Deluxe has x8/x8. Also, why is Asus advertising Quad SLI and Quad Xfire on their P8P67 boards when they only have 3 PCIe x16 slots? :screwy:

I'd really like the M4E, but I dunno when it'll be available for purchase. I've found someone to pick me up a CPU on Sunday, so I should have it next week. I don't want it to just be sitting on my desk teasing me...

Back