• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

win crash question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rcillig

ok my pc has crashed twice in since win 7 came out, both times in the last week, ive changed nothing but cant seem to find out why, maybe a update or driver, something like that is my best guess but I cant tell as of yet.... is there a crash report some where in win 7 64 so I can cheat and have some info/help as too what is causing it... thought id ask before i start pulling parts todo the the process of elmination way.

Check the Event Viewer logs for any critical errors related to the time of the most recent crashes. Start--> Type event viewer in the Start Search field, and hit ENTER. When you open Event Viewer and expand Critical, Application, or System logs - under "Windows Logs" (or look under "Summary of Administrative Events--> Event Type--> Critical), double click the specific error so it opens in the Summary Page Events window. Next click on Copy--> Copy Details as Text in the RH pane, and paste the contents of the ClipBoard in this thread.

ok opened event viewer and this the error I got.... sorce Kernel-Power Event ID 41 Code 63

here is the win def for the error
The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff943877(WS.10).aspx

did some searching and found a few people have this same error from sound drivers causing it some how, going to redo them all and see if it fixes the problem or not. As I did switch sound cards some time back but that was at least 6 months back.

open to other idea's, I'm very slightly over clocked right now but its been that way for over a yr with no problems. Maybe my PSU is crapping out..... hope not.

Also I see it has crashed a few more times that I knew about 6 times in all, all since late NOV, right after I installed COD Black Ops, wonder if its the new video driver I installed at that time.

got no idea since it hasn't been on stock speed since I loaded win 7 when it first came out but i havnt made any changes to the OC.... i did more research and it seems to be a software/driver error.... I upgraded drivers right before I installed COD Black Ops and that is the same time this started so it looks like I need to reinstall some drivers and see how it goes.

Back