• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dragon+ question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

crazyman

I want to make my hard drive the "first boot device" in the bios,I only have one hdd plugged soley into IDE channel 1 slot on the mobo,

in the bios the options for first boot device for hdd's are
hdd 0,
hdd1
hdd2
hdd3,
I have it set to hdd 0,is that right? is hdd 0 the correct hard drive?

Yes-you are correct.

When you say 'IDE channel 1,' I'm going to assume that you mean the "First" IDE channel. The first HD is usually labeled "#0" and the second is "#1" -- and the same usually applies to IDE channels as well.

HDD0=IDE channel 0 / HD-master
HDD1=IDE channel 0 / HD-slave
HDD2=IDE channel 1 / HD-master
HDD3=IDE channel 1 / HD-slave

Actually, you probably won't hurt anything if you set it to something else anyway. You can also pause the POST screen to see what you have installed and where it is installed.

mbigna said:
Yes-you are correct.

When you say 'IDE channel 1,' I'm going to assume that you mean the "First" IDE channel. The first HD is usually labeled "#0" and the second is "#1" -- and the same usually applies to IDE channels as well.

HDD0=IDE channel 0 / HD-master
HDD1=IDE channel 0 / HD-slave
HDD2=IDE channel 1 / HD-master
HDD3=IDE channel 1 / HD-slave

Actually, you probably won't hurt anything if you set it to something else anyway. You can also pause the POST screen to see what you have installed and where it is installed.

cool,I just wanted to be sure,

thanks... :) Dan

Back