• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[O/C]Gigabyte Hosts a Killer CES Kickoff

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

Live from CES 2011 in Vegas, I hooked up this evening with Gigabyte just hours after touching down on the desert runway. In the invite only press event, Gigabyte presented their marketing approach for 2011 along with the products designed to get them there. Their G1-Killer series took center stage, and I’m bringing you behind the scenes.

g1assassin.png

... Return to article to continue reading.

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy smokes, that looks like an awesome board:shock::drool:

I'm a bit surprised that they are bringing out new X58 boards so late in the 1366 socket life-cycle:shrug:

The magazine heatsink looks cool but I for see issues with airport security and customs. Better ship those ground. :)

They also put those hand grenades in the goodie bag... Those won't be coming back to Cleveland with me. :)

Also, tablets are big at the show. Lots of talk about embedded processors. The Nviida Tegra2 processor is getting a lot of play, with the Motorola Xoom, Asus Eee Pads, and LG G-Slate. The iPad now has a lot of competitors, and dual core tablets appear to be the standard.

Last edited:
You got grenades... lucky duck! Dog tags only here.

As IMOG said, Boards looked good, and I am glad to see a few 3rd Gen X58 boards released. SB is going to be much lower heat output, so X58 and LGA1366 is probably going to be the main socket on our benches for a while longer. But that doesn't mean I don't want an SB system as well.

Skinnee, I'm hot on your trail.... stopped by ice dragon cooling shortly after you yesterday, and was at moa after you left.

Skinnee, I'm hot on your trail.... stopped by ice dragon cooling shortly after you yesterday, and was at moa after you left.

Well, either you or Ice Dragon is :screwy: , because I haven't stopped by Ice Dragon yet. I tried to get back to MOA, just didn't work out. :(

However, I got the time wrong for tonight @ the Palms... arrived 2 hours early, stupid time zones.

Looks cool and all, but do they have any more ... mature performance options? I'd hate to send a computer with this motherboard through customs. And I'd feel pretty silly to have that showing through a case window in an office.:shrug:

IMOG said:
Also, tablets are big at the show. Lots of talk about embedded processors. The Nviida Tegra2 processor is getting a lot of play, with the Motorola Xoom, Asus Eee Pads, and LG G-Slate. The iPad now has a lot of competitors, and dual core tablets appear to be the standard.

What's the expected price point on those? They have an ARM architecture, right?

Back