• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel Sandy Bridge performance

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Is the 2600K really worth it over the 2500K. Its only 100$ more. It seems the HT cores really help during folding.

I think so, for folding you can run -bigadv units for a big gain in points. Depends on your wants / needs really. For gaming a 2500K would be adequate in most, if your doing a lot of video and other thread intensive apps the 2600k is worth it.

either one will be a significant boost over your Core2, the 2600K would be better but the 2500K would be a good choice as well. Really comes down to your budget and wants then. If the ~100 bucks saved can get you into a better GPU or something along those lines then the 2500K would be a good choice.

HT is gonna make a nice improvement on anything that makes optimal use of SMP.

OH, and temps are old news.. I'm running 4.6 with 1.35v now loaded.. temps stay around 70-72 depending on ambient, but mine usually runs higher.. like 24-26ish ambient.

plus now i got a RX360 Rasa kit coming anyway!

Back