• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS M4A79XTD EVO $69, is there a better budget oc'ing board?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

A-Dub

I'm getting a few things together to make some dice runs. I flogged my sig rig pretty hard on a dice slushbox and I'd rather not push my luck again. I don't care about board features as long as it clocks high and supports AM3 chips.

I have a Sempron 140 on the way I picked up for $25 shipped along with the $89 Koolance dry ice pot.

Can someone recommend a better, cheap overclocking board than this one?

i just grabbed it, and despite quite a few horrid reviews on newegg, it's been a pretty straightforward and easy to deal with mobo so far. The overclocking features are pretty nice, everything you'd expect/want to have.

one thing i will say is make sure you get the latest BIOS ASAP. i hear many people have trouble with the board if they dont update their bios right away.

I decided to jump on this deal, it should be here in a couple days. I'm glad I ordered when I did, it looks like they're sold out now.

Back