• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thanks Super Nade

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gottcha

This is a Nice board!!! Its fun to play around with the Q6600!!!

Anyone have any tips for this board (Maximus Formula 2)and a Q6600? I have been Googling my butt off and it got me to the above pic.:comp:

Attachments

• 7x500.JPG
    7x500.JPG
    47 KB · Views: 54
That is some nice FSB. :D It will go beyond that to 614! Are you using the GTL Ref voltages that I had? Give it a go and see what you end up with? Keep the RAM at stock and see how far you can take it? Certain memory rations may not work. I am not sure if it had something to do with the RAM or not. I just kept the RAM at stock. Did you try my settings in BIOS1?

I'm trying to get a stable 24/7 clock @ 3.6 right now. I found some info on XtremeSystems and tried their setting and it took me to the 500fsb! I can't believe how this board needs such little volts on the NB and fsb voltages compared to my P5E!
I saving my settings every time i change something in the bios so i saved over your bios1 settings. When i set and unstable clock that can't make it to windows i have to pull the battery and reset everything almost all the time or it goes into a reboot loop. I'm pretty sure their is a setting in the bios to stop that but i have been having too much fun to look for it.

An easy way to test would be to install Windoze on a USB drive. Clone it and save the clone to your HDD. So, if you kill windoze, you don't have to worry about reinstalling everything from scratch. :)

I haven't killed windows yet i just have to reenter everything in the bios time...date...ect. after a about four times that gets kinda old.
Looks like 1.36 is the lowest volts for 3.6
I know the gtl refs make a huge difference after playing around a little.
cpu gtl
0)+30
1)-10
2)+30
3)-10
seem to work the best so far at 3.6
and
cpu - NB skew
delay100 -normal seems to be the sweet spot

but i have alot more to play with

Attachments

• low volts.JPG
    low volts.JPG
    156.9 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Well I ran prime all night and it seems stable enough for me @ 3.6.
Vcore- 1.360
FSB- 1.32 (P5E had to be at 1.39)
PLL- 1.55
NB- 1.35 (P5E volts for NB had to be at 1.46 and the NB was hot)

I still have to play with the NB gtl and the memory skews/ ref voltages to see how fast this thing will go! So far it seems any thing over 3.8 needs quite a bit of tweeking of the reference voltages.

The computer just feels zippier!

Back