• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FSB:DRAM on m4a79xtd evo mobo?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

appelsos

Hey OC, need a little help with the BIOS settings for my memory on this mobo-

the memory is gskill 12800cl9d-4gbnq- 2X2GB 1600mhz 9-9-9-24

my board booted with my speed set at 666.7mhz DRAM frequency X 3:10 FSB

anyway, i don't see in the BIOS where i can adjust the FSB:DRAM ratio. Does anyone know where this is?

thanks for the help in advance!

Advanced menu--> Memory Timing and Voltage--> DRAM Frequency = [DDR3-1600MHz] = 2:8 FSB : DRAM ratio.
Close, it's:

Advanced Tab->Jumper Free Configuration->Dram Frequency(under Memory Timing and Voltage)->[1600Mhz]

Do note that even some of the C3 Denebs don't like 1600Mhz ram and may need a bump in CPUNB voltage to stabilize. The Thubans I've seen are ok with 1600Mhz and most of the C2 Denebs don't really have a chance of running 1600MHz Ram on any kind of 24/7 air cooled type voltage.

wait i'm a little confused now-

i know where to adjust the DRAM frequency, but dont i ALSO need to manually adjust the FSB:DRAM ratio? or when i set it to 1600mhz does it automatically use the correct ratio to ensure my ram speed is in keeping with my FSB speed?

my old mobo was WORLDS different than this one, sorry! :p

Newer boards almost quit using the ratio because people got confused. The speeds you're seeing as options ARE the ratios converted into speeds with an assumed 200 MHz clock.

When you get around to them you will also see this with the HT Link multiplier (uses MHz instead of an X number) and possibly the cpuNB multiplier as well. As more and more non-enthusiast's take up OC'ing the BIOS programmers have become less and less precise in their labeling ... :(

Newer boards almost quit using the ratio because people got confused. The speeds you're seeing as options ARE the ratios converted into speeds with an assumed 200 MHz clock.

When you get around to them you will also see this with the HT Link multiplier (uses MHz instead of an X number) and possibly the cpuNB multiplier as well. As more and more non-enthusiast's take up OC'ing the BIOS programmers have become less and less precise in their labeling ... :(

thats what i suspected. alright well thanks for confirming!!

Back