• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

biostar n68s+ problems!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

evil monkey

hey guys i recentley bought a new rig and built it myself my specs are as follows: AMD phenom 1.9ghz x3 biostar n68s+ 2GB ddr2 667mhz
450w psu. my problem is this my mobo supports overclocking an i can change the cpu frequency however when i do change it nothing at all happens it will not overclock. cool n quiet is off and the bios is updated to version 6 and it is saving on exit because when i go back into bios it is at the frequency i left it at. thanks in advance

:welcome: to OCF!

a scree shot of cpuzs cpu memory and spd tabs would help a lot. from your description im not sure whats going on with your system. dont see how it can be changed in bios and show up there as changed when you go back but not in windows.

yeah sure ill get a screen shot for you im away at the moment and will be back on monday so should have screen shots for you then. and its not changing the frequency as ive checked it in cpuz and its the same

no i havnet tried any of those and yes ive tried resseting the cmos. what is biostars program called? is it worth using?

Just checking - by CPU Frequency you mean changing a value from 200 to 205? Did you try something small like 201?

Did you adjust the vCore at all?
Did you lower the RAM divider?

What I'm wondering is if the BIOS rejected the setting because the OC wouldn't work.

nope i didnt adjust v core or dram ratio will try that and no ive not tried 201 ill try that too will let u know what i end up with thanks

okay good news we have movement bad news not the way we want it. the cpu frequency is now running at 201mhz succesfully however it has knocked the multiplier down to 4.5 for somne weird reason giving me 952 or something like tht mhz there is an option to increase voltages by 0.01 thats it so even if i can overclock its looking like a small one

I think it's just a matter of getting the right settings more than anything else.

Download and run OCCT or Prime95+CoreTemp for 5-10 minutes noting the temp just before you stop the test. Also, take the CPU-Z screen shots while you're testing.

Once you post the CPU-Z screen shots (CPU, Memory, and SPD tabs) plus the temp you noted we can see where you're at and what can be done toward overclocking. :)

Back