• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Need 2 Motherboards with 2x IDE Connectors... PLEASE Help Me Find!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jester8

Registered
I have tons of extra computer parts and I have enough to build 2 desktops except I need 2 mobo's. I have a 939 cpu, AM2+ cpu, and AM3 cpu so I'm looking for motherboards to fit 2 of my 3 cpus. The trouble I'm having is finding motherboards with 2x IDE connectors as all my extra hdds and drives are IDE. Every new motherboard seems to have 1 IDE connector. :shrug: Anyone know where I can find new mobo's with 2 of them? Thanks for any help in advance.

Didn't know they made converters (Should have figured :rolleyes:). That will work perfectly and I can pick out whatever mobo without worry.

Thanks trents! :thup:

Just reckon with the fact that if the stuff is coming from Asia (and most of it is) it takes about 3 weeks shipping time. Also, occasionally you will run into a drive that doesn't sync with the converter. It worked great on several PATA drives I have but on my WD 80GB it wouldn't.

Just found some on Amazon so I should get them in a couple days and they're like $4. Hopefully they work with my drives.

Back