• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

msi 870A-G54 Can't change voltages

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

da24k

Hey all I'm having this problem where I would change the voltage settings trhough bios but no matter what I set it too, cpu-z, hwmonitor etc. will not reflect the changes and it is stuck at 1.4v. So basically once I get out of bios the voltages don't stick. I'm wondering if this a bad mobo as I havn't come across much about this on the net. Has anyone had this problem before? Any owners of the same mobo can confirm this? Thanks

I assume you are referring to CPU core voltage, i.e., "vcore". Do you have the latest bios version? If not, try flashing the bios.

Hi trents thanks for your reply, yes I do have the lastest bios version 17.7. I'm still researching this around the net but no luck yet =T I'm starting to think I have a bad mobo or something. Strangly enough though I'm 4ghz on stock voltages, do you think this is too good to be true? I'm thinking either the voltage sensor is read wrong in cpuz or it really is set to 1.4 I dunno what do you think?

Back