• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Bulldozer rumors

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok here is a quick break down of Admahl's Law.

Its states that after a certain number of Cores (or any kind of parallelization) there will be a point where there will be no more increase in throughput speed.

That said, there is a formal based around this law. But there is one dead leg to the law. There has to be one core or instance of the parallelization that is does just a bit more of the work than the rest of the other cores. In other words, there is a master core.

Ok here is a quick break down of Admahl's Law.

Its states that after a certain number of Cores (or any kind of parallelization) there will be a point where there will be no more increase in throughput speed.

That said, there is a formal based around this law. But there is one dead leg to the law. There has to be one core or instance of the parallelization that is does just a bit more of the work than the rest of the other cores. In other words, there is a master core.

ain't that kinda like the cell processor. Somewhere I read that is each core does just one thing and another one puts them all togather.
From wiki
While the Cell chip can have a number of different configurations, the basic configuration is a multi-core chip composed of one "Power Processor Element" ("PPE") (sometimes called "Processing Element", or "PE"), and multiple "Synergistic Processing Elements" ("SPE").[31] The PPE and SPEs are linked together by an internal high speed bus dubbed "Element Interconnect Bus" ("EIB"). Due to the nature of its applications, Cell is optimized towards single precision floating point computation. The SPEs are capable of performing double precision calculations, albeit with an order of magnitude performance penalty.

So bulldozer is similar to Cell processor. kinda

Last edited:
What let AMD down is that useless NUMA memory controller of theirs and if BD has that in it :confused:, then I will not be buying AM3+ as it is nothing but a stop gap - until FM (whatever) socket arrives.

What I need is memory bandwidth and a multi-threaded CPU.:clap:

I wouldn't say that Cell is like the Bulldozer.

Lol, all over... every single? You mentioned two forums. :p Just playing around.

I'm not surprised at all. This is probably the most promising architecture from Amd in a while. :thup:

Lol, all over... every single? You mentioned two forums. :p Just playing around.

I'm not surprised at all. This is probably the most promising architecture from Amd in a while. :thup:

This is the most important architecture in AMD's history. Either this goes well are AMD might be looking to Team up with another company to even have a chance at intel.

Bulldozer has been talked about forever it seems. "Boy you just wait until Bulldozer comes out!" Even though I'm not from Missouri, AMD is still going to have to show me. :shrug:

lol yeah i cant wait for it come out i just hope its less than $300 does anyone know about how much it might be???

They will charge whatever the market dictates for its performance.:cool:
If it is really 20% faster than a 980x I would expect it to cost at least $500.

AMD isn't that stupid. That's the nice thing. For them it's always performance, not price. They offer relatively low prices even for the good things which is why people use AMD processors.

I cant wait for the BD to come out, my next rig is just on hold due to I'm just waiting for that processor!!

I'm soooo impatient is so hard to wait !! :cry: :bang head

actually the cost of the CPU is mostly based off the yield percentage of the die itself.

There is a slew of math formulas that determine the price of a CPU.

Its either gonna be BullDozer or SandyBridge for me when BD comes out....pending whichever does better at that time.

It's bulldozer 100% for me because if it isn't as good, they'll probably lower the price if it doesn't seem reasonable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back