• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GPU2 or 3 for a 5750?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Younglin

I used to run GPU2 on my 5750 and pulled in about 3000 or 4000 PPD. Just wondering if I should keep using GPU3? I have it running right now but it has been a little confusing. It's at like 134586 out of 1000000 and I have no points? Plus it says the core is not running now. Perhaps I set it up wrong or need to tweak it? Anyway I might switch back to GPU2. Thoughts or recommendations?

As far as I know, and can see, GPU3 is still Nvidia only. GPU2 is nvidia + ATI. I doubt you'll get a GPU3 ATI client as everything is being worked to integrate it all with the v7 client. So stick with GPU2. (You might be able to run the GPU3 client, but no matter what you're only going to get GPU2 WU's for ATI).

Also it's bad practice to double/triple post in such a tight time frame. Bumping every hour isn't needed. Someone will answer your question, patience is all that is required. :)

Most people gpu folding are using nvidia hardware and do not have any first hand knowledge about folding on ATI hardware. You should search the forums for info on ATI gpu folding. There may already be some info on which client works best on ATI. I recall seeing posts about the ATI folding being very sensitive to several cfg settings. Things like the "viewer" and screensaver put a wammy on gpu folding. So does cpu folding if the priorities are not set correctly.

You can post your log file wrapped in code flags, including the portion where the client is started, to provide more info on what is taking place. Also a little more info on the rest of the hardware and what the usage is.

And yes I know it's bad practice but when 15 people view it and say nothing then I'm going to bump.

Since most people that Fold on GPUs do so with Nvidia, they probably didn't have an answer for you. Many people, like myself, just view all threads with new posts, and we're not going to bother making a post saying, "I have no idea and can't help you."

I read what he was asking, but didn't have answer, and to appease him I'm posting this anyway....

yeah I saw it too but had no answer for it..Im sure Chas will chime in sooner or later:)

Back