• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which mice?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bakercake

It seems the G500 and the G9x are pretty much the same, but the G9x has less buttons. Anyone currently or previously own one of these mice and willing to share the cons on them? Or suggest another nice mouse under $80

G500
G9x

I currently own the G9x, and I am very pleased with the feel and build quality of it. I had a Razer Mamba, Copperhead, Mx518, and Deathadder. I really love the customization of the weight. I would go with the G9x,also the G9x has interchangeable grips that are really nice.

I dont have much experience with mouses (owned only two gaming mouses) but it doesnt hurt to add my 3 cent ;)
Ive had the 'Legendary' Mx518 before, very good mouse lasted for ages but the rubber part started to scratch off and over all it was pretty old so I bought my current Razer Imperator (I have to admit, it's sleek looks seduced me to buying it) and Ive gotta say, even thou its much newer with much more modern technology such as synapse on board memory, a 5000+ DPi sensor, I still find the Mx518 quite competetive with the my Razer. Honestly the G9x seems quite small, too small and the G500 doesnt seem much different than Mx518.

Just went to bestbuy and spotted the g9x(good thing it was out on display with a pc). It was nice, but feels small even with the big shell. I guess I'll get the g500. Thanks for the replies.

Darn, under 80 dollars. Lol I have the cyborg rat 7 and its just awsome. My dad with gigantor hands can use it.

Just went to bestbuy and spotted the g9x(good thing it was out on display with a pc). It was nice, but feels small even with the big shell. I guess I'll get the g500. Thanks for the replies.

Your on the right track. Mice are only good if they fit your hand to your satisfaction. Doesn't mater how good they look on paper. Got to be comfortable in your hand.

mx518 all day.
^^ this, or it's variant (500, 505, 515 or whatever)

Really though, it's up to you, the OP. Each person has specific tastes in what they do/don't like about a mouse. Also depends on what you're doing with it; gaming, general use, etc.

Until you decide, I suggest obtaining the hardware from a local store, so you can easily return/exchange it should the mouse not work out for you.

Hi,

if your BB is like mine they had the small grip on it. I have 2 G9x's and love them. and I have big hands. I also just tried the new Steel series WoW mouse. lots of buttons and it fits my hand really well.

Back