• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wingman99

Do you need to run Windows xp mode for old games or can you just use windows7 home version?

Also does the Windows 7 Professional 64-bit come with a DVD player, and if it has one does it work well.

Last edited:
Any game that works on xp will work on win 7, as win 7 can run bot 32 and 64 bit programs. Some games might have to run with compatibility mode, but I have yet to find any. You cane even run dos based games using a program called Dos Box.
As for a DVD player, the answer is yes. I personally don't use windows media player, but instead use VLC media player. I have found that VLC will play virtually any kind of file, and has pretty good features for a free player. Hope this helps.
-Greg

Any game that works on xp will work on win 7, as win 7 can run bot 32 and 64 bit programs. Some games might have to run with compatibility mode, but I have yet to find any. You cane even run dos based games using a program called Dos Box.
As for a DVD player, the answer is yes. I personally don't use windows media player, but instead use VLC media player. I have found that VLC will play virtually any kind of file, and has pretty good features for a free player. Hope this helps.
-Greg
Thanks for the information.
I was wondering if you could just try a DVD movie with windows 7 and tell me how it works and looks if you can.

Will VLC media player play DVD movies.

Thanks everyone for the information:)

Also i was wondering is there free software that will play Blu-ray

Last edited:
Back