• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My Wooden Case Thread.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fall

Hello, i started my wooden case/cabinet today. This Thread is more like documentation of it, and maybe give some ideas for people if they decide to make a Wooden computer case, but do not want a traditional style case.

Without Further Adieu.

These are the main pieces. The two long boards are 8'x12" Pine and those are the sides and 3 shelves. And the Other board is a 2'x4' sheet of some wood i do not know.
1295155664.jpg

Here is the Sheet close up to show the detail. This sheet will be the backboard, and will hold the motherboard in place. I wanted it to be a unique style since it will be looked at the most.
1295155600.jpg

Here are the long boards cut to length. I do not know if you can see it but the boards have Grey and Orange tones in them to give it a unique look.
1295155720.jpg

Let me know what you think so far.

I will be cutting and putting together the Case next weekend and if i can varnish and add all the other details to give you guys a full look at what my Puter will be chillin in. :clap:

I like the wood choices. Should look really nice when it's done. I must warn you that if/when you stain the wood, that the knots in the wood will change color quite dramatically. Most of the time they will end up a red color (I actually like it). And the knots will soak up the clear coat when you put it on, so it will take many coats to get a uniform glossy look.
-Greg

hmm interseting advice!

I think a red color among this wood would be great as well. I think if will just add a little more character to the orange and greys that are already there.

Do you have plans drawn up yet? When you do, post them, I'd like to see where your going with this. Its a great idea. Good luck!

Woot!

Nice wood so far! Can't wait to see more. The one piece almost looks like some form of Maple with some heavy accents in it.

Sub'd.

Heres the new work i did today.

Its not much but here is all the fan holes cut out.
1295758931.jpg

And here it is put together but not stained or Glued but this will give you an idea of what i am going for.
1295758971.jpg

Hope you guys like so far. I will post more next weekend when i will hopefully finish it!!

I can't wait to see the finished product. Some of the boards with circles cut out almost make it look like you're making speakers.

Ooh I like this, You also have the nzxt phantom. You like it?

Yes i do and it will not go to waste when this is done :p

I can't wait to see the finished product. Some of the boards with circles cut out almost make it look like you're making speakers.

HA it does doesnt it.

Im debating on cutting more holes for Passive intakes now and possible RAD expansions in the future.

I wouldn't cut too many, it needs to be closed enough that you can direct airflow where you need it to go.

yea i kinda wish i had not cut the fan holes in the top so i could better direct air Across the components.

What would be the best UV tubing color to get??

im in a debate between Green, Blue or Red.

I have Green already that i can use over at a later time

Back