• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PCI-E Link Width stuck at 1x instead of 16x

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kyoushu

Got this card from a friend recently, but it keeps running at PCI-E 1x instead of 16x.

Running an Asus GeForce 8800 GTS 640mb
Foxconn Winfast MCP61M2MA motherboard (Socket AM2)
Athlon 64 X2 3800+ (2.0 GHZ)
Phoenix 6.00PG BIOS (Dated 2006)
4 gigs of RAM (mismatched speeds/timings)
FSB: DRAM ratio = CPU/6

http://oi54.tinypic.com/2hqdq1k.jpg

Tried raising the PCI-E clock from 100 to 101/110/115 already with no change.
I heard about raising the NB voltage to fix the issue, but I don't see any option like that in my BIOS unless it's the NPT voltage? (and it's locked at 1.30v)

At this point, I feel like I've tried everything besides uping the NB voltage, which I can't seem to do on this mobo, and updating the BIOS, which is too risky since I can't afford to brick this mobo.

Last edited:
UPDATE: Flashed my BIOS to the latest version. Got a few more voltage options (Chipset VCORE and Chipset VDUAL), but the card's still stuck on 1x width.

I've got the same exact problem with the same vid card but an intel extreme mobo....just got back in town tonight from a work conference..probably will have time tomorrow night to jack with mine...going to clear the cmos and download the latest bios.....games and 3dmark06 runs like ****.....card did fine in older athlon computer.

Tried resetting the CMOS. PCI-E bus speed is still stuck at 1x though.

Back