• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help OC'ing my new GTX 570

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Anubis_386

Hey guys..

Just picked up a GTX 570 to replace my HD5870 (mostly for CUDA) however its stock clocked and well, that just won't do will it :shrug:

So whats the best way of OC'ing nVidia chips these days? Afterburner doesn't seem to let me alter the cards voltages so my current attempts at clocking haven't really gotten that far.. Any help? :)

Cheeers :beer:

I'm having to use nVidia Inspector to control fan speed and core voltage then AfterBurner for adjusting clock speeds..

Pretty impressed so far, only had a quick play n test on Battlefield but running a fair lil clock with no added voltage

Core: 850MHz
Shader: 1700MHz
Memory: 2000MHz

your getting almost identical to me 840/1680/2000 fan set to 70. gonna try to push it a bit further once an option is available to adjust the voltage... Fuzzy Doughnut only got it to 60*C at those speeds btw

Hey guys..

Just picked up a GTX 570 to replace my HD5870 (mostly for CUDA) however its stock clocked and well, that just won't do will it :shrug:

So whats the best way of OC'ing nVidia chips these days? Afterburner doesn't seem to let me alter the cards voltages so my current attempts at clocking haven't really gotten that far.. Any help? :)

Cheeers :beer:
I don't know what brand you have, but Afterburner 2.1.0 Beta 6 allows me to adjust the voltage on my EVGA 570 SC's.

Don't go crazy on your mem (people have fried there card with this, see xtremesystems.org for example; it also doesn't add much to speed) and go up in 25 MHz at a time. Test with for instance OC Scanner (if you have an EVGA card), set stop at >0 artifacts detected and set time to 15 minutes. Keep upping the clock until an artifact is detected. At that point, decide if you want to add voltage. If you do, bump it up a notch and repeat the test.

Once you're at a clock you're satisfied with, run OC Scanner for 1 hour. Run benchmarks like Heaven and 3DMark 11. Subtract 10 MHz and start gaming for a couple of days. If all is well you're done.

Good luck and have fun with it!

Everything but the last part of your post makes sense... why would you oc it, run all the benches, get 0 artifacts and then bump the clocks down 10? I know games have a wonderful way of screwing over even the most stable system/card, but unless you run into a problem I see no reason to bump anything down after your benches are done.

Everything but the last part of your post makes sense... why would you oc it, run all the benches, get 0 artifacts and then bump the clocks down 10? I know games have a wonderful way of screwing over even the most stable system/card, but unless you run into a problem I see no reason to bump anything down after your benches are done.

I do it out of safety, should I've not tested enough and have my system go wonky right before I make that ultimate kill.

Back