• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

weird problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Acuradude

hey guys this is about the setup in my sig! i dont really know for sure where to post this either so if it is in the wrong section let me know!

ok the computer runs great, temps are great normally under 30c until underload then goes to about 37c, but it likes to crash or restart when i leave the room. i can sit in front of the computer for half of a day then as soon as i livve the room it turns off and turns back ok. but it never does it when im in the room.

this is what i know the temps are good!
it only does it when no one is in the room!
it started about 1 week ago!
the last time i change any settings was about 1 month ago and it past prime 95 2 times at 24 hours each time!

so im lost does anyone happen to know what may be causeing this???? :shrug: :confused: :screwy:

Check your event logs and see if anything shows up in there around the times it happens. It could be your C-states. If you didn't disable them for overclocking it could be dropping the volts too low during idle and forcing a crash due to inadequate power.. Just a first thought!

C1E etc.

ok now im going to sound like a total noob but if i dont then i guess i wont know lol! ok how do i check my event logs????

in win7 just go to the bottom search box and type in event viewer it should pop up on the list. If not, click Start then Control Panel then System and Maintenance and then Administrative Tools.. in that list is Event Viewer. The one to look at when open is System Events I think. Look for Red icons around the time the issues might happen.

this is what i came up with theres also all kinds of other stuff that doesnt look to good

Attachments

• kernel 1.png
    kernel 1.png
    69.3 KB · Views: 75
  • kernel 2.png
    kernel 2.png
    78.5 KB · Views: 71
sorry for such big screen shots i tried to resize them but then you couldnt read any of the text.

Last edited:
Microsoft support page that relates to your BugCheckCode: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2028504

Your best bet will be to post in the M$ support site as they will be more likely to point you in the right direction.
I read a bit about the error on the M$ site and it could be related to GPU Drivers, or IEEE Drivers, or Antivirus SW... But the only way to be sure of the reason will be for you to post there and include your minidump file so that one of the gurus there can analyse it and tell you for sure what the issue is.

Even though I don't suspect the temps being the reason, download coretemp and enable the logging feature. It should keep a text log file of all temps recorded which should overlap your bsod failures. Also see below to turn off auto rebooting, so you can get the BSOD error codes, which sometimes can help point us in the right direction.

Follow these steps to disable auto-rebooting:

Click on the Start button and then on Control Panel.

Click on the System and Security link.

Click on the System link.

In the task pane on the left, click the Advanced system settings link.

Locate the Startup and Recovery section near the bottom of the window and click on the Settings button.

In the Startup and Recovery window, locate and uncheck the check box next to Automatically restart.

Click OK in the Startup and Recovery window.

Click OK in the System Properties window.

Close the window.

From now on you will see the BSOD screen instead of having your system reboot.

ok done all now next time the systems dies how can i veiw the core temp logging file?

ok see all the differant temps which one is right i have very good venting and a sunbeam 120 heatsink and fan my ambient temps are 23c or 72f

Attachments

• temps2.png
    temps2.png
    281.5 KB · Views: 66
Focus on the HWMonitor "CPU" Temperature and the HWMonitor "Core" temps, 0-4. The CPU temp is actually the socket area temp whereas the core temp is taken from the processor die itself. The latter is the most important.

thanks trents and congrats on the blue!

so is it the Core temps that should not go above 55C or the cpu temps

Last edited:
i am still wondering my previous ? is it the core temp or the cpu temp that should not go able 55c

Check your event logs and see if anything shows up in there around the times it happens. It could be your C-states. If you didn't disable them for overclocking it could be dropping the volts too low during idle and forcing a crash due to inadequate power.. Just a first thought!

C1E etc.

when is recommended disabled/enabled C1E or why should I have disabled?

disable it if you overclock at all i would only have it enabled if i was trying to save power other wise i would disable it

ok cool thanks QueitIce your the best and if was making more money id just pay you to be my computer mentor if have helped on just about every ? i have ever had on here! lol thank you so very much!

Back