• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Turbo feature on Evga boards

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vdgamer

What does turbo feature on evga boards do? im talking about the one thats right above the save and load profile in phoenix bios, i know the one in cpu features increases multi by 1 but what about this one?

This is the BIOS screen from the X58 SLI LE w/ the Load and Save profile options, but I don't see the Turbo Mode Function option you're referring to, other than the one in the CPU Feature menu...

Attachments

• bios_dummy.jpg
    bios_dummy.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 984
It must be an older bios version, my original ones didnt have that option either, but when i updated to bios 44 it appeared, here take a look its a shot of my screen in bios, the option is disabled and highlighted in red

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

If I'm not mistaken the "Turbo Performance" option locks your memory multiplier at 2:8 no matter what settings you make to the system. Not sure why that'd be important to lock like this, but I'm pretty sure that's what I read here : evga forum topic on this bios update

Back