• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3" stand offs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fatticus

Hey guys i am having trouble finding standoffs to raise my 2ed rad off my case a little. i was at the hardware store today and couldnt seem to find anything, i was looking for a small tube like plastic that i can cut into 3" pieces and maybe tap them for screws?
i want to have my new rad sit above my case about 3" because it simply will not fit in my HAF x anywhere.

Check out my diagram to understand more, i cant find anything on any pc mod sites eather :S any one know of any products ?

Attachments

• rad setup.png
    rad setup.png
    30.1 KB · Views: 98
use a long machine screw with 3 nuts... so it goes (from bottom up)

Screw head, case, nut...... space..... 2nd nut, rad, 3rd nut.

Or if ur rad is threaded, get the correct size machine screws and just go, scrwe head, case, nut..... space 2nd nut, rad.

damn...why didnt i think of that ! !

Thanks man ! :D

hehe, thats what we all are here for... sometimes your just too close to your work, happens to the best of us :)

u might also be able to find some non threaded spacers so you can just use one nut (rad not threaded) or no nuts (rad threaded).... so it would go screw head, case, spacer, rad.

I needed 2" standoffs once for a benching case, I used 2 1/4" bolts and 2" pieces of 1/4" OD hard plastic tubing as spacers. Cut 'em a little long, taped them all together in a bundle and used a sanding block to even them all out.

Back