• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Virtual Drive

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Berne

Hi,
Im on XP HOME, how do I create a virtual drive on my hard disk for FS2004?

All good advice welcome,

Berne

Unable

Hi,
Server install Unable on XP as you surmised, thanks all the same....any other thoughts..?

Berne:chair:

Do you mean run it off a virtual machine and not virtual drive? Virtual drive is like a fake CD/DVD/HDD.. so if it can run as a live image that'd be fine, but virtual machine would let you install/load up another OS while inside xp

Clarify

Hi
Your dealing with a newbie as far as this project is concerned. The faststone ran into a conflict with my trucrypt software I think...during attempted installation the faststone loading was unable to complete.

To clarify I want to run my programe off of a virtual drive which Im supposed to create using my existing hard drive...now is this possible and what software can I use to setup the virtual drive. Again its not a virtual machine issue its a virtual drive I need to install without the use of CD or DVD.

Ill take a look at 120 and daemon option, but Im still thinking that a confilct may occur here to as my HD is trucrypted...? Any thoughts on that?

Thank you so far.

Berne:confused:

MagicDisc is what I use for iso images that I refuse to burn. Unless you have a supercomputer I would not suggest running a virtual machine for FS.

Back