• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HDMI Cable / Socket

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gcwebbyuk

Does anyone else find that they can't use the HDMI socket on their GPU as the case gets in the way of a cable or am I the only one? :bang head

The card will generally have a small window of positional tolerance in the slot. Try to loosen the screw and nudge the card within the slot to get the HDMI jack within the slot opening. You might need to loosen the other cards or blank panels adjacent to the video card to make some room.

I haven't personally had an issue on ATI cards. The case itself is likely playing a role (might not be exactly to spec).

:cool:

Both nVidia cards I have - GTX460 and GTS450 - have the HDMI socket right up near the top where the case sits. The ATI card I have, has the HDMI in the middle and has no problems.

You can likely shave a tiny bit off the top of the case's PCI slot to make some clearance. A Dremel or even a grinder bit on a regular drill would probably do in a pinch...

:cool:

Back