• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Questions about Overclocking..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Yentl

Hello,
I've joined the forums here cause i have some questions about overclocking and i want to overclock to improve my playing i play the game WarRock and i heard that when u overclock u can shoot ur gun faster empty etc..

Before i started trying to Overclock my Ghz was 3.1 i'm now on 3.3

My processor: AMD Phenom II x2 550

So, anyone got advice for bios settings? I'm beginner in overclocking and could use some help/tips

I've already downloaded some tools like: AMD OverDrive, EVGA Precision, Everest

Also when when i open WarRock now (Shooter game) and play I lagg very bad since i've overclocked, why?

So! Bring it on all the tips 'n info 'n tricks :chair:

Regards,
Yentl

I think that ive found the FSB max: 213?

Could that be possible cause when i Save 213+ on my PC my PC wont load again and it says Overclocking failed and i need to put it back to 213..

Thats how i come at 3.3 ghz 200->213 could i get more outta this?

AMD doesnt have FSB its HTT (though same difference).

Again, list your system specs so we know what you have!! Nobody is going to be able to tell you what your limits are if we dont know what you are working with.

Read those links in the meantime! :)

NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT
AMD Phenom II x2 550
4GB RAM
Windows 7 32-bit
BIOS AMI

Any suggestions? I've readed the links but i don't get how to do it..

Look this is what im goaling for:
Maybe not that fast but thats the idea..

Last edited:
Im not an AMD guy, so someone else will chime in and help you out. You will likely need to add more volts to the CPU (Vcore) and Northbridge.

What speed is the ram? Post CPUz screenshots of the memory and SPD tabs please.

I'm not sure that this is what u mean but i'll give it a go :p I dont know all the Overclock terms

ghzy.png

memorym.png

I cant see imagshack at work. I can only see them if they are hosted by this site.

(When typing a post, click advanced, and attach a file, then upload them, next to the paperclip in the post is a dropdown arrow, attach them in the post).

You got it! Thanks! You have 1333 memory and its running overclock (1420Mhz) at the moment. You should have a memory multiplier in the bios to lower that. That is the first thing I would do.

Otherwise, I need to leave this up to the AMD guys. :)

I'll wait for some AMD guys that can explain me exactly what to do

Well, this isnt a spoonfeeding environment. I already told you what you need to do. You just need to find that option in your bios and lower it so you are not overclocking the ram. The guides do go into this...

But i dont know what terms u guy using how to lower things and up things..

I don't know what all the terms mean in my bios

:welcome: to OCF!

But i dont know what terms u guy using how to lower things and up things..

I don't know what all the terms mean in my bios
The Phenom II Guide explains a lot of those terms - at least the important ones for OC'ing - and each BIOS is a little different so it's not like we can just say set THIS in your BIOS because THIS may be labeled THAT for you. If we knew what motherboard you had it would help. Manufacturers tend to have their own labeling schemes that kinda' sorta' stay the same.

Read through the Phenom II Guide and keep your motherboard manual handy. You'll need to learn your BIOS before you can do much of anything.

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=596023

Back