• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS X58 P6T Strange Network Driver Issue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mokrunka

I have the above-mentioned board, and lately noticed a weird quirk. I also have this problem (another weird quirk).

I turn on my PC and everything works great. I turn off my PC and then restart (the next day, after updates, etc) and the network driver is not installed. If I then restart my computer again, the network driver is working again and everything is fine. In other words, every other restart, my network driver stops working and I have no internet access until I restart. I haven't changed any settings, or installed any different drivers, or re-installed Winders, etc. Any idea what could be causing this? Is this board just prone to these weird errors?

Full rig specs below...

Thanks guys

I assume you're using the on-board Marvell 88E8056 LAN controller? If so, then first try connecting the network cable to the other LAN port, then disabling the unused port in the BIOS. Next download the latest 11.30.1.3 driverset from Marvell here...

http://www.marvell.com/support.html

Go here and down load the divers listed under LAN. Those are for the P6t Deluxe win7-64bit.

If your p6t is another version go here choose your model and the do to downloads>choose OS>expand LAN tab> download listed drivers.

I assume you're using the on-board Marvell 88E8056 LAN controller? If so, then first try connecting the network cable to the other LAN port, then disabling the unused port in the BIOS. Next download the latest 11.30.1.3 driverset from Marvell here...

http://www.marvell.com/support.html

Actually, I'm using the Realtek RTL8168C(P)/8111C(P) according to my device manager, it is still on-board though. Also, I've only got one ethernet port on the back of my mobo... Are we talking about the same board?

Go here and down load the divers listed under LAN. Those are for the P6t Deluxe win7-64bit.

If your p6t is another version go here choose your model and the do to downloads>choose OS>expand LAN tab> download listed drivers.

Mine is the regular P6T, so I used your second link to check out the drivers, but I already have the latest version, 6.210.1003.2008. Should I reinstall them?

SOLVED

fyi, I was trying to get my SSD recognized in the BIOS, and so I flashed it to the latest version (1408) from ASUS's website.

That fixed the problem, and now my internet works the first time I boot, everytime!!

Back