• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How do I Render Animations with my GPU?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mikevs

Registered
Hey Guys. I am currently making 3d animations using 3dsmax and Poser Pro. I want to utilize mt GPU. However, I realize that AMD FirePro and Nvidia Quadro cards are exactly the same as their Consumer versions but with much more Video Ram and Much better Drivers. But my problem is that I am not looking to spend that much money and don't demand such a high end card to render 3D animations. Also, I do not mind if time is longer to render compared to the Workstation cards due to the price and the GPU will still beat my CPU anyways. I currently own a Nvidia GTX 460 GPU and wondering If I will be able to Render animations with that even with the extended time and not as good driver support like their workstation counterparts.Thanks

you should have no problem except for longer rendering times, also depends on what you are rendering, if its with very awesome epic graphics then probably you are gonna need a quadro

Back